One of our clients, a leading provider of compliance services in Malta, is seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive to join their company:
- Monitoring EU and local regulatory developments and interpreting new regulations that are applicable in the funds and investment services industry;
- Conducting on-site and off-site reviews;
- Ensure that onsite compliance reviews are carried out according to plan;
- Identifying and assessing compliance risk and proposing manners how to mitigate it;
- Developing an annual compliance monitoring plan for clients;
- Identifying internal deficiencies and weaknesses and recommending corrective actions;
- Follow up to ensure that the necessary changes have been implemented in a timely manner;
- Identify and propose IT systems and operational processed for the clients as part of their mitigation efforts to reduce compliance risk;
- Drafting policies and procedures for clients;
- Liaising and assisting clients on an ongoing basis on compliance related issues;
- Compiling Compliance Reports;
- Occupy the role of ‘Compliance Officer’ in terms of applicable regulations.
- Minimum MQF Level 6 qualification in law, finance, compliance or equivalent;
- Candidates holding a degree in law will be given preference;
- Minimum of 2 years previous local experience within the financial services industry;
- Good understanding of current laws, rules, regulations and directives impacting funds and investment services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English;
- Strong analytical and time management skills;
- Good leadership skills;
- Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure, with minimum supervision;
- Computer literate, especially with the use of Microsoft Office Package;
- Willingness to learn and remain updated.
Job reference: QM529