One of our clients, a leader in the retail and distribution sector, is seeking to recruit a Legal and Compliance Executive to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will be reporting to the Head of Business Strategy & Support.
- Review, vet and draft all contracts and agreements with third party suppliers and internal companies as well as customers and associates;
- Being integral in the issuing of guarantee letters, pledge agreements, facility letters and other contracts and documentation;
- Maintain records in the database system in both hard/soft format;
- Communicate with outside providers in areas of consultancy, legal, banking, regulatory authorities and any others;
- Provide legal guidance on international corporate compliance;
- Oversee the group’s compliance with the standard needs of the Registry of Companies and any other relevant agencies and regulators
- Ensure compliance with GDPR;
- Assist in the setting up of corporate structures, joint venture agreements and handle reviews on risk assessment of existing client relationships and partnerships;
- Perform due diligence, risk assessment and compliance checks for any new clients including AML;
- Establish that the Group is in line with all IP requirements in contracts and agreements with the organisation.
- A degree in law or a related subject;
- 2+ years experience in a similar role;
- Knowledge and experience in EU Regulations and Directives on IP. GDPR & AML.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and Maltese;
- Knowledge of Italian and French will be an asset;
- Meticulous with a keen eye to detail;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications;
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.