Job vacancy: Corporate Lawyer
SMS Corporate Services is a boutique corporate services agency set up in 1991. The company proudly forms part of the SMS Group which is a varied and multifaceted group servicing various industries on an international basis. Currently, the organisation specializes in providing a select international client base with various services, which include Company Incorporation, Company Secretarial services, Ship Certification & Registration (including Bareboat Charter), Registration of Mortgages, etc… We pride ourselves in assisting key international industry players in registering their vessels under the Maltese Flag, whilst ensuring that any of their corporate services needs are fully addressed.
The Company’s portfolio of clients is primarily composed of overseas ship/yacht owners and Private Clients who require a specialised approach. Moreover, SMS Corporate Services, together with various strategic partners, acts as the central legal advisor to the entire SMS Group on aspects pertaining to the company and commercial law.
In view of the above, we are seeking to recruit a Corporate Lawyer who shall:
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Assist in overseeing and fulfilling the overall business objectives set by the Board for Directors specifically for SMS Corporate Services;
- Attending to each client in all aspects of Corporate Administration and Governance, including submissions to the Registrar of Companies;
- Fulfilling all requirements pertaining to company incorporation and maintenance, company structuring and restructuring;
- Drafting and reviewing of legal and corporate documents, resolutions, PoAs and various types of agreements and civil contracts;
- Overseeing and managing compliance requirements in line with regulatory obligations and/or internal company policy;
- Handling and actioning client inquiries pertaining to Immigration, Citizenship, and Relocation;
- Executing the required legal research to provide legal opinions to both external and internal stakeholders;
- Knowledge of the Data Protection Law and the GDPR Requirements.
SMS Group Ltd:
SMS is one of the longest established groups of companies in Malta, having its roots in the shipping business. Notwithstanding the fact that SMS has been successful in retaining its core traditional values for professionalism and ethical standards, it continues to be at the cutting edge of innovation and diversification. It is on this basis that SMS has developed from a shipping agency to a large group of companies employing some 300 persons active in travel, tourism, insurance, hotels (ownership and management), airfreight, ship registration and financial services, as well as general trading.
- A qualified Lawyer with previous experience (ideally two years or over) in sectors of Corporate Law, International Taxation, Maritime Law, etc;
- A client-centric approach combined with leadership skills, strong motivation geared towards business growth and the ability to take ownership whilst guiding the team is essential;
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Applications coupled with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is a must; confidence in written and spoken Italian will be considered as a very important asset;
- A competitive remuneration package with a strong prospect for further growth in the medium term will be offered to the selected candidate.