Truevo Payments Ltd in Malta is a licensed Financial Institution with full Visa & MasterCard membership. They offer a range of payment services across multiple channels. As part of their growth strategy, an opportunity has arisen for a Senior Legal Officer
within their team in Malta on a full-time basis. If you have relevant experience and are looking for career advancement this is your opportunity. You will be reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance.
Skills and Experience:
- Contract review and drafting
- Negotiating, drafting and overall management of agreements;
- Assisting the Commercial department with the interpretation and drafting Truevo's NDAs, T&Cs and drafting of any ancillary agreements
- Providing high quality, practical advice on all legal issues affecting the company
- Providing day-to-day legal support to the Commercial team
- Handling of disputes and complaints that arise from time to time including attending court sitting and the preparation of judicial acts as the need arises
- Providing training and support to various teams at Truevo
- Assisting the Product team with contractual needs (suppliers and product offerings)
- Supporting the Head of Legal and Compliance.
- Fluent in English (and preferably Maltese also but it's not mandatory)
- Presentation skills
- Excellent project management and organisational skills
- A good team player, capable of leading in a fast-paced pressured environment maintaining accuracy and quality.
- Excellent Communication Skills, with the ability to deal efficiently with different internal departments and external counterparts.
- Ability to build relationships effectively, both in the immediate team and wider business.
- Ability to take ownership of tasks
- 3 - 5 years of experience in the banking and payments industry.
- Law degree
- A warrant to practice at the Maltese Courts of Justice shall be considered an asset.
Truevo Payments is a licensed Financial Institution with full Visa & MasterCard membership. We offer a range of payment services across multiple channels. Our solutions are tailored to businesses of all sizes, who are looking to reach, engage and transact with consumers wherever they are, on whatever device they may be using. Some of our core services include e-commerce, mobile point-of-sale, virtual point-of-sale and original credit transaction.
- Confident and self-sufficient.
- Flexible and comfortable with a broad variety of duties that may change at short notice
- Genuinely passionate for legal, compliance, and finance.
- A proactive, emotionally intelligent individual with great people skills and keen eye for detail.