Our client, an International Management & Consulting Services provider in Malta, is looking for an experienced Corporate and Trust Administrator
to join their team of professionals on a full-time basis following recent expansion in Malta.
- Legal & Compliance advice, support to the Corporate Manager and the team of administrators and accountants;
- Liaison with clients and management of clients’ specific requests which may include for example: establishing a new structure, entering into a sale and purchase transaction, restructuring an existing corporate structure;
- Assisting the administration team with drafting corporate and trust resolutions of a complex nature;
- Researching legislation/regulations when applicable and discussing such with in-house or external counsel as required;
- Internal audits of clients files, which includes a compliance/AML review as well as a review of corporate and/or trust documents;
- Authority to represent the Employer when the Employer is acting as a corporate director and/or officer or trustee for client entities;
- The Employer operates a four-eye policy so that two senior employees of the Employer consult on all decisions taken by the Employer when acting in its capacity as a trustee, director or officer of client entities;
- Meet with clients by phone, skype or in person when necessary, this may involve periodic travel from time to time.
- A minimum of a relevant degree level of education and/or a professional qualification together with a minimum of three years’ relevant work experience;
- Preference would be given to candidates with a legal qualification (i.e. LL.B or LL.D);
- Ability to understand accounting procedures and interpret financial statements and be comfortable assisting staff and clients in relation to audit and Inland Revenue procedures;
- Good knowledge of Malta’s (and/or other common law jurisdictions) legislation covering corporate, compliance, tax and trust. It would be an advantage if the candidate had experience or knowledge relating to Malta tax matters;
- A versatile and flexible attitude with the ability to communicate well with all levels of staff and HNW clients;
- Strong knowledge of AML-ATF legislation and compliance procedures;
- Flexible attitude and able to work autonomously, whilst also adhering to the company’s internal policies and procedures;
- High standards of customer service, well organised with a natural attention to detail;
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken with the ability to communicate well with international clients;
- Strong IT skills with the ability to learn new systems quickly;
- Very competent in the use of Microsoft office products;
- Cover letter with the application is required.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the EU.
Quad is a boutique Human Resources Consultancy offering an array of bespoke services including recruitment, HR Advisory, Training & Development, Payroll Services and Salary Benchmarking and Legal Advisory, amongst others.