Chiliz in Malta is looking to recruit a Legal Counsel to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be responsible for assisting and supporting the department and achieving the results as laid out by the Head of Legal & Compliance.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Assisting in day-to-day legal issues and duties;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various contracts, terms and conditions and other legal documentation relating to the Company’s business;
- Taking on research work as required and keeping abreast with legislative amendments;
- Assist with developing and revising policies, procedures and practices to ensure full legal compliance;
- Liaising with external legal advisors, regulatory authorities and stakeholders;
- Providing practical advice on all legal matters affecting the business;
- Finding practical and effective legal solutions to business challenges;
- Ensuring that the Company keeps abreast of developments from a regulatory, legal and compliance perspective on a local and international level; and
- Assisting in the identification and mitigation of risks to which the Company may be exposed.
What we offer:
- A University degree in law;
- Warranted lawyers will be given preference;
- Candidates with a minimum of 1-year post-qualification experience in a law firm or as in-house counsel will be considered favourably;
- A real team player with a positive can-do attitude;
- Ability to draft legal documents with minimal supervision;
- Strong ability to organise and prioritise workload whilst meeting tight deadlines;
- Proactive and self-motivated, with an eye for detail;
- Confident communicator and strong interpersonal skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential, additional languages are a bonus;
- Overall broad legal knowledge in data protection, commercial, corporate, civil & employment law;
- Experience/Knowledge of blockchain will be considered an asset.
Chiliz is a global sports and entertainment company that aims to change the way fans interact with their favourite sports and esports teams by offering them a higher level of engagement. Through blockchain technology, we want to transform fans from passive spectators into active participants who democratically control the competitive arena they love to follow. Our diverse and extraordinary team that spans 20+ nationalities are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
- You will be working in one of Malta’s most spectacular offices with iconic views of Valletta at the heart of Gzira and minutes away from the shopping and entertainment hub of the island;
- Set within the Malta Blockchain Campus, our office boasts a fantastic chill-out area we share with blockchain companies from around the world. This multi-cultural atmosphere is further enhanced by extraordinary colleagues spanning 20+ nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as they are;
- We move at a lightning speed that reflects the industry we’re in and although we’re a small company, size doesn’t matter when you’re this fast. Professional and personal development is very important to us and along with a supportive and collaborative working environment we offer great company perks but above all we give you the chance to be a part of the future.