Videoslots in Malta is looking to recruit a Legal & Compliance Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for ensuring a high level of compliance and operational risk control in accordance with regulatory standards and policies. As a key member of the legal team the responsibilities associated with this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Regulatory risk: Researching and remaining abreast of developments in multi-national regulatory online gambling regimes and ensuring mitigation of potential risk and/or compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Responsible Gambling: Developing and promoting compliant responsible gambling practices across the business.
- General compliance: Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements by: keeping abreast of regulatory developments; systematically creating, updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing policies, procedures, guidelines and manuals; providing effective advice, support and training across the business; managing regulatory reporting processes and liaising with authorities, and coordinating audits.
- Licensing: Obtaining and maintaining gaming licenses in several countries by managing license applications and ensuring compliance with licence conditions and requirements.
- AML: Ensuring compliance with multi-national anti-money laundering laws and sanctions, and assisting with the reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Customers: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant customer terms and conditions, and advising in relation to customer complaints and disputes.
- Affiliates: Updating, implementing, monitoring and enforcing compliant affiliate terms and conditions, and advising in relation to affiliate complaints and disputes.
- Suppliers: Drafting, reviewing and negotiating compliant contracts with games and payment services providers and other suppliers and maintaining systematic contracts management.
- Tax: Collaborating with the finance department to ensure timely and proper payment of gaming and other taxes across markets.
- Corporate: Assisting with changes to the corporate structure and other corporate matters and affairs.
- IP: Ensuring content and brand protection by registration, maintenance and renewal of intellectual property rights and by assisting in any IP disputes that may arise from time to time, and developing and implementing a domain name strategy
- General: Dealing with a variety of topics related to the operations of the company, acting as a service provider to and working in close collaboration with stakeholders within the business, and managing external legal services, paper and electronic filing and administrative procedures.
Who are you?
What we offer:
- A Lawyer with a few years of experience in some of the areas outlined above;
- You are self-motivated able to take ownership in a dynamic environment with a positive, ‘can-do’ mindset;
- You are organised and take pride in being quality-oriented with a keen eye for detail and coming up with creative solutions;
- You are approachable and an effective communicator able to communicate across all levels of the business and influence key internal and external stakeholders, and provide expert advice to support the strategic agenda;
- Self-motivated and a solution seeker with an optimistic approach;
- Enjoys working with people and building relationships;
- Able to display a high degree of confidentiality and discretion;
- Down to earth and a life - long learner;
- A brand ambassador for the Videoslots team.
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices, and rock-star teams here is what we offer you:
- Competitive salary;
- Annual fitness allowance;
- Daily fresh fruit;
- Breakfast Wednesdays;
- Private Health insurance;
- Quarterly company and team events;
- VIP tickets to many local events and festivals showcasing world-class DJ’s;
- Learning and development benefit;
- Corporate VIP discount scheme ;
- Relocation Package (1-way ticket to Malta + 2 weeks accommodation).
Videoslots is the brainchild of Alexander Stevendahl, an expert poker player and a star affiliate. Our site was born online in 2011 where a handful of entrepreneurs who had a knack for entertaining others helped build our second home into what it is today. Our unique product offering and experience we offer our customers is what enables our brand to shine. Our success is driven by an award-winning team of professionals & leading gaming partners in the market.