AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
This position requires an individual with previous work experience within a similar work environment and will report directly to the Maintenance Manager and/or Supervisor Technician.
- Works on a 5-day week including Saturday if required and replaces the shift technician on 12.5 hours shifts day or night when necessary;
- All-round technical hands-on assistance to all other departments;
- Preventive maintenance, service, and repair of all hotel plant and equipment, including electrical equipment, water system ancillary equipment, telephone and tv systems, etc;
- Routine checks and monitoring of main plant and services, such as a generator, boilers, air conditioning chillers, water reservoirs, lifts, etc and periodically logging readings;
- Electrical Installation and Plumbing work;
- Handling of daily room’s maintenance requests when Rooms Maintenance person is not on duty;
- General upkeep of hotel property;
- Daily swimming pool maintenance including early morning pool vacuuming, the backwash of filters and chemical additives;
- Assistance and support to the night manager or security on various tasks or emergencies as deemed necessary when working nights;
- Keeping daily reports and logs and follow up on previous shift reports.
- Ideally, have 2 years’ experience in a similar role and within a similar environment;
- A good standard of education;
- Fluency in English, both spoken and written;
- Able to work on his own initiative and take decisions when not supervised;
- Willing to work flexible hours including weekends;
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure;
- Be customer-focused and have a passion for customer service excellence.
Interested candidates are requested to send a detailed CV together with a covering letter.
AX Seashells Resort at Suncrest:
Our hotel Seashells Resort at Suncrest has been a leading 4-star hotel on the Maltese Islands since its very first days and has kept its tradition of hospitality within the AX group throughout the years. We decided that it was time to give the Qawra hotel a face-lift so during the winter months the hotel underwent an extensive renovation program. Its doors re-opened again on the 1st of April 2015. The new face of the Seashells Resort at Suncrest, your number one resort for the individual, corporate and family travel.