Malta Public Transport is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant
to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Junior Accountant
is responsible to help in the overall day-to-day operations within the Finance Department.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
The Ideal Junior Accountant will:
- Day to day administration of the accounting functions
- Responsible for Balance Sheet line item reconciliations
- Assist in the month-end accounting procedures
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Assist in Regulatory reporting
- Engaging in any other tasks as assigned by management.
Malta Public Transport:
We are the national bus operator responsible to operate all public transport services by bus on the Maltese islands. We form part of an international network of transport companies present on four continents with over 40,000 employees. With over 120 years of experience in efficient management of urban transport as well as regional, national and international bus, coach and rail transport, our philosophy is to maximise on this international experience and adapt it to the local context wherever we operate, including Malta. As the national bus operator, we cover 30 million kilometres every year with our fleet of 406 buses and a team of over 1,300 people. In the past year, it is estimated that we carried around 40 million passengers, a significant increase when compared to previous years. Notwithstanding all of this, we are very well aware of the challenges we face and we are committed to improve the overall bus user experience and to provide a safe, credible and efficient bus service in Malta and Gozo.
- Be in possession of or currently studying a professional accounting qualification (such as ACCA, bachelor in accounting)
- Have a very good knowledge of Excel
- Good communication skills
- Experience in a similar role
- Have a good command of English
- Organised, tidy, accurate and meticulous (very important)
- Team player with a positive ‘can do’ attitude whilst adhering to deadlines.