VistaJet in Malta is looking to recruit a Junior Accountant to join their team within their Accounting Department on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will assist with the processing of all operational payments and related activities.
Founded in 2004, VistaJet pioneered an innovative business model where customers pay only for the hours that they fly. Our vision is to make business aviation simple and deliver the ultimate flight experience around the globe. Today, we are the world’s only global aviation company, flying corporations, governments and private clients to 187 countries on our fleet of 70 silver and red business jets. It has been five years since VistaJet established its operational headquarters in Malta. Today, 250 team members work at our office at SkyParks Business Centre.
Reporting directly to the Head of Financial Accounting, your main responsibilities will include:
- Perform monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts including accruals and prepayments;
- Preparing and reviewing monthly VAT Returns and VAT Recapitulative statements;
- Perform month-end and year-end closing tasks of various entities within the Group;
- Intercompany reconciliations;
- Assist with audit queries and related matters;
- Liaising with other members of the finance team & Assisting on specific assignments and projects;
- Other finance-related duties as deem fit from time to time.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience:
VistaJet is the first and only global aviation company. On its fleet of over 70 silver and red business jets, VistaJet has flown corporations, governments and private clients to 187 countries, covering 96% of the world. Founded in 2004 by Thomas Flohr, the company pioneered an innovative business model where customers have access to an entire fleet whilst paying only for the hours they fly, free of the responsibilities and asset risks linked to aircraft ownership. VistaJet’s signature Program membership offers customers a bespoke subscription of flight hours on its fleet of mid and long-range jets, to fly them anytime, anywhere. Customers can also request Direct one-off flights through the industry’s first end-to-end booking app or a 24/7 global team.
- A strong financial and accountancy background with at least 3 years' experience in a Finance Position;
- Holds a Diploma in Accounting or is in the initial stages of obtaining certification in ACCA;
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in Business English;
- A flexible, can-do attitude and a dedicated, result-oriented and be a team player;
- Ability to work on own initiative and have excellent time-management skills;
- A team player and understands the necessity of keeping a dynamic working environment;
- Ability to prioritize and manage numerous tasks.