Maltapost is looking to recruit a Software Applications Officer
on a full-time basis to carry duties within the Company’s Information Systems team. As a Software Applications Officer
, you will have the opportunity to grow in one of Malta’s major logistics companies, having one of the most extensive retail networks and services on the island.
MaltaPost p.l.c. is a well-established company with a complex IT environment that is going through a transformation journey to adopt new technologies in the provision of its services.
The main responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Gathering and documenting business requirements;
- This role will translate such requirements to actionable items for the development team;
- Verify system functionality once delivered by the development team, and assist in the UAT process;
- Together with the respective product owners, design and implement training to end-users;
- Troubleshoot issues to ensure business continuity at all times, escalate to the second level of support when required and follow-up until solved;
- Provide day-to-day support to users;
- Continuously seek improvements in business processes and related IT systems.
MaltaPost plc is Malta's leading postal services company, being the sole licensed Universal Service Provider of postal service in the Maltese Islands. It is one of the country's largest private employers and as the national postal operator, it collects and delivers mail to every address on the Islands, 6-days-a-week and operates through a comprehensive retail network of outlets. It is regulated by the Malta Communications Authority and is listed on the Malta Stock Exchange. MaltaPost has developed a state-of-the-art document management centre in Xewkija, Gozo which is equipped to scan, archive and index information of both electronic and physical formats.
- Preferably hold an MQF Level 6 qualification in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field;
- Have experience within a similar role;
- Have analytical mindset, problem-solving skills, and excellent teamwork;
- Be highly self-motivated with attention to detail and possess excellent communication skills;
- Have excellent planning, organisation, tracking, and analytical skills;
- Have experience in IT analysis.