Our client is one of the most dynamic organisations in Malta operating in a vast array of business sectors. Due to increased requirements within the team, an IT Technical Support Officer
is required to assist in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized business operations and achieve more effective and cost-beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations.
Responsibilities within this role will include:
- Assist in the management and implementation of new and existing group information systems;
- Active directory management: computers, users (new, close, permissions);
- Monitor the company’s IT infrastructure and proactively escalate to other IT Team members and/or third parties;
- Log all tickets for locally reported incidents or requests;
- Application support: user permissions, bug/incident / problem management for in-house and external subsidiary Group Franchises;
- Monitor the company Systems, Backups, and DR Sites;
- Oversees and evaluate system security and back up procedures;
- Gather and analyze changing requirements of users and develop effective and feasible ways to satisfy user requirements;
- Facilities communication between staff management, vendors, and other technology resources within the group;
- Assist in developing and implementing user training programs;
- Recommend changes to software applications based on analysis of their impact on all users requirements;
- Assist in the development and maintenance of corporate policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of IT systems.
- Have experience gained in an IT Technical Support role;
- Possess a relevant qualification in IT/Computer Studies;
- Demonstrate knowledge of Windows Server and Office 365 application packages;
- Have knowledge of networking, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP.
*If you have strong communication skills in both Maltese and English, together with a “problem-solving attitude”, this could be an ideal position for you. Our client is a genuinely elite organisation to work for offering various benefits including Private Health Insurance and ongoing learning and development to progress your career.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent within various sectors on Malta. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilisation of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, with a satellite office in Malta but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resources ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirement arise.