De La Rue in Malta is looking to recruit an IT End User Support Analyst to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will report to the IT Lead Business Partner.
The IT End User Support Analyst
role is to provide end-user clients with the necessary support to ensure IT devices meet the day-to-day needs of the business. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, and maintaining all supported devices and software. The post holder will troubleshoot problem areas (in person, by telephone, messaging, or email) in a timely and accurate fashion, where possible presenting the first-time fix to minimise client downtime. The role will document incidents and steps taken to resolve, creating Knowledgebase Articles where appropriate to assist similar or related incidents. A key task for this role is to assist the IT End User Support Lead (Malta) gather information on new IT requirements at all sites and ensure they are communicated to all Group IT teams. The post holder will also be expected to participate in the client call process, answering calls on the Service Desk number, or responding to incidents logged
through the ITSM Portal by end-user clients.
What you will be doing:
- Proactively manage the service request and incident tickets allocated to Malta IT End User Support Team through the appropriate service management tools to ensure all SLA commitments are achieved.
- Act as the face of IT for local site activities where required alongside local IT colleagues – ensuring IT End User Support Manager has early awareness of all local initiatives which may require IT input.
- Support central IT teams by ensuring information is appropriately gathered for scoping of new solutions through the design and transitioning process.
- Participate in the client call process, answering calls on the Service Desk number, or responding to incidents logged through the ITSM Portal by end-user clients and assigning to the correct IT team once triaged.
- Perform 1st line diagnostics and resolve when the appropriate, record, track and document the Service Desk problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made and actions taken, through to final resolution. Escalate problems in line with company escalation processes.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of hardware and equipment contracts and if necessary, liaise with third-party support and equipment vendors.
- Build and/or configure End User Devices such as Desktop, Laptop, Mobile Phones, or Tablets as well as approved software as requested.
- Create (where applicable) and maintain the Knowledge base as required and maintain IT Documentation and Processes.
- Assess the need for and recommend, schedule and implement performance upgrades to PCs and associated equipment, and govern the backup processes in line with Central IT guidelines.
- On-call availability as required.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Certifications in MS Operating Systems, A+ Certification, and MS Office application.
- Good technical knowledge of PC hardware, software, and their components, including those used at De La Rue.
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Good technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards, including those used at De La Rue.
Join the Team:
- An understanding of ITIL V3/V4.
We want to work with people like you from all backgrounds and experiences, to help us gain a diverse workforce with a broad outlook and sharp expertise. We are looking for people unafraid to go that extra mile, bringing with them unique characteristics and abilities. Show us you have what it takes and we'll reward you with a great place to work alongside other great people. Global business, global people. We think De La Rue is an amazing place to work. But don't just take our word for it.
De La Rue Currency and Security Print Ltd:
De La Rue provides governments and commercial organisations with the products and services that enable countries to trade, companies to sell, economies to grow and people to move securely around an ever-more connected world. With a 200 year heritage, De La Rue works to the highest ethical standards and stands firm in its fight against counterfeit and fraud. This, alongside an unrivaled commitment to innovation, ensures De La Rue remains at the forefront of new developments in the delivery of security and integrity to the Cash Supply Chain, in the Management of Citizen Identities, and for the provision of Product Authentication solutions.