Avantech Ltd in Malta is expanding their team and are looking to recruit a Help Desk/First Line Support Technician
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. The person selected will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. They will also be required to maintain the internal help-desk system to ensure that tickets are responded to in a timely manner and are kept up to date with any correspondence and resolution.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance through the internal help-desk system and on occasions directly via phone or email;
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions;
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers;
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process;
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel;
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services;
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs;
- Follow-up and update customer status and information;
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team;
- Identify and suggest possible improvements in procedures.
- Proven experience as a Help Desk/First Line Support Technician or other customer support role;
- Tech-savvy with working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control;
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and other tech products;
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues;
- Proficiency in English;
- Excellent communication skills.