AX Head Office in Malta is looking to recruit an Application Support Specialist
to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate will be responsible for installing, testing, and providing support to the company’s applications across all business units.
- Identify recurring application issues and ensure a permanent solution;
- Communication with end-users, provide end-user support and training;
- Prioritize and manage multiple open cases at one time;
- Document existing and new setups, workflows, and procedures;
- Liaise with vendors to install and test new releases;
- Troubleshoots simple to complex issues as reported by end-users;
- Demonstrates initiative and proven to follow-through skills;
- Manages workload and prioritizes to accomplish tasks within agreed timeframes;
- Analyzes existing data and metrics to determine trends and performance.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role;
- SQL scripting and Server Reporting Services (SSRS);
- Knowledge of object-oriented and test-driven development concepts;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with Therefore Document Management System;
- Working knowledge of Jira;
*Interested candidates are requested to send a CV, together with a covering letter.
AX Head Office:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and a 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous with landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.