AX Head Office in Malta is looking to recruit a Business Applications Analyst
to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a Business Applications Analyst
who will form part of the AX Group’s IT team. The main focus of this role is to review, analyze and evaluate business systems and user needs. Other key tasks are defining requirements, scope, and objectives and formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies as well as offering 2nd level support for both internal and external applications.
- Manage the applications department in a hands-on manner;
- Plan and implement business and operational projects;
- In charge of managing the project’s technical delivery, from the business analysis phase to deployment in production, and commits to project milestones;
- Liaise with other Managers to allocate the resources based on the projects and to schedule resources required to successfully deliver projects;
- Provide regular status update to management and assist in KPI measurement and reporting;
- Refining the project plan as it moves along if required;
- Be a liaison/main reference point between software companies, management, and IT;
- Maintaining existing applications and API’s.
- Qualification in IT and/or any Business-related topics;
- Customer-driven and team player with strong interpersonal and customer-facing skills;
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills, process and detailed oriented, a self-starter who is highly motivated to obtain goals and results;
- Ability to work with customers and suppliers from different business units, and under deadline pressure;
- Experience leading projects in an Agile environment;
- Working knowledge on database technologies, SQL reporting, Scripting, and/or programming languages;
- Knowledge of JIRA and Therefore (optional but desirable).
*Interested candidates are requested to send a CV together with a covering letter.
AX Head Office:
AX started in 1975 in construction. The company was awarded a couple of landmark building and civil engineering contracts and by mid-eighties, it was already a well-established construction company with Malta’s largest hard rock quarry, the largest pre-cast and pre-stressed concrete plant on the island. Development was a natural diversification for the company. AX group developed individual terraced houses, large scale residential blocks, office blocks, hotels, restaurants. And in 1982 AX ventured into hospitality with AX Sunny Coast 4-star complex in Qawra being its first investment. And soon after the Group inaugurated the largest hotel in Malta, the 4-star AX The Seashells at Suncrest Hotel. Today AX hotels manage 6 hotels including the 4-star AX The Victoria Hotel, a 200 year Palazzo Capua and a 5-star city designer hotel in Sliema – AX The Palace. In 2017 AX hotels launched its lasts edition – AX The Saint John Boutique Hotel in Valletta and in 2019 they will be opening one more in Merchant Street. In 2015 AX Group launched the first retirement village on the island redefining the later lifestyle with the luxurious Hilltop Gardens and Simblija Care home in Naxxar. Today the AX Group of companies is a household name in Malta. It’s synonymous with landmark constructions and developments such as the superstructure Parliament in Valletta or restorations like the Birgu ditches. It’s a shareholder in the Valletta Cruise port and Valletta Waterfront and plans to launch the UNESCO approved tunnel underneath Valletta connecting Birgu and Sliema in the coming years.