Our client is seeking to recruit for a Senior SysOps Engineer to join their team in Malta. Working within the Core Solutions Expert team you will be responsible for:
- Release and deployment management, Integration support, vendor operation & support management, service asset configuration, expediting service restoration, technical support, software operational design, SLA and KPI resolution for & 2nd/3rd line support.
- Research, test & deploy workarounds and possible proof of concepts
- Plan, organize and manage the performance of the Solution Delivery process and where necessary initiates corrective actions to cover short-falls in performance and delivery capability.
- Coordinate and conduct security risk/vulnerability & capacity assessments on installed solutions.
- Assist in the specification’s definition and architecture design of the solution to be installed. Software architecture design from a high availability and security standpoint.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure system deployment within given time-frames
Education & Experience:
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT or Engineering
- 1-year experience as expert core application integration & support role will be a KEY asset.
- Experience in the telecommunications section protocols such as SMPP, Diameter & SCCP/MAP will be considered as an asset.
- Familiar with Cloud technologies AWS, Azure, ZetaGrid & Vmware.
- Experience in Bash, PHP, Perl will be considered an asset
- Curious and willing to learn new technologies such as Linux, CI solutions (Puppet/Kubernetes/GIT), MySQL RDBMS and more.
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Follow a meticulous and proactive approach to your work
- Be a team player
- Strong interpersonal and English communication skills