A reputable company is looking to hire a Network and Security Engineer to join their technical team. You will be responsible for:
- Create and maintain documentation for the network configuration, network mapping, processes, service records, profiles maintained, and any maintenance carried out on Network oriented devices
- Work autonomously with client projects, performing the scope of works and delivering what was defined on it
- Collaborate with sales, product management, engineering, and other departments on security-related items and any other duties as assigned by the company.
- Work under strict change control processes to ensure only authorized changes are made to devices
- Work under the direction of the Team Leader to maintain security devices and show practical experience in managing SIEM environments, firewalls, content filters, NIDS, proxy servers, HIPS, and packet capture devices
Experience & Qualifications (Nice to have):
- At least 2 years of experience in Network Security
- Industry Certifications in networking and security will be considered an asset, however, technical training to ensure that the individual remains fully conversant with industry developments will be provided.
- Experience in using any of the following Firewall vendors (PaloAlto, Fortinet, Checkpoint, Cisco…) - Preference is given to PaloAlto
- LAN/WAN enterprise hardware.
- Network monitoring tools (Nagios, PRTG)
- Linux and scripting experience is considered a plus
- WAF experience is preferably in F5 or AZURE
- Deep understanding of HTTP/S + DNS
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP, Routing Protocols, Switching, Security, VPN.
Having such certifications would be a plus:
- Palo Alto Certification considered as an asset
- CCNA R&S/CCNA Security or equivalent considered mandatory.
- CCNP R&S/CCNP Security considered as an asset.
- Strong business orientation with a demonstrated knowledge of the IT industry
- Ability to communicate with and understand the needs of non-technical internal and external clients
- Strong communication skills with the ability to express herself/himself clearly and concisely in speaking and writing.
- Passionate about customer-satisfaction and has strong client relations skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Considers herself/himself to be an open-minded and self-motivated person, who is very capable of working on own initiative but also enjoys working as part of a team.
- Shares our core values - can-do attitude, a desire for continuous learning, and a drive to see the team succeed.