Our client is one of the leading local financial institutions in Malta, and they are currently looking to recruit an IT Infrastructure Manager to join their IT department on a full-time basis.
The successful candidate shall be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting the company's WLAN and LANs, including communication links such as MPLS and site-to-site connections;
- Supporting our local datacentres, as well as administer other cloud-based environments, including datacentre hardware;
- Manage and support the organisation’s data\server backup and replication strategies, as well as, support the IT team on the BCP strategy in the infrastructure area;
- Manage and support telecommunications infrastructure and liaise with external providers to escalate support issues;
- Support remotely IT infrastructure related issues through a ticketing system, by providing 2nd and 3rd level technical support, including liaison with external suppliers on escalated issues, which cannot be resolved internally;
- Manage vendor relations in the infrastructure area to validate that SLAs are met and adhered to;
- Perform regular on-site visits of the organisation’s datacentres and reporting on any critical issues;
- Create and maintain comprehensive IT infrastructure documentation.
Education & Experience:
- You must be in possession of an IT degree, specialising in IT Infrastructure\Engineering with a combination of Networking and\or other certifications in the field of IT Infrastructure or Networking (CCNA\CCNP) or other Microsoft certifications (MCSA\MCSE);
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years working experience in the IT Infrastructure\IT Security field is required;
- Previous experience in managing a team would be considered an asset.
Tailwag is a newly established boutique recruitment agency in Malta backed up by some of the most influential individuals within the industry. Hunters by Nature, Tailwag Recruitment aims to elevate standards within the industry by finding top jobs for top dogs. At Tailwag we offer a thorough, discreet and above all professional service to companies and individuals throughout the island specialising in character-matching and taking the time to understand our candidates and clients. We are all about making sure that your recruitment process, is a walk in the park.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- High proficiency in English, both verbal and in writing;
- Ability to adhere to project deadlines and take initiative in developing the function as may be required.