eCabs is looking for a Head of Infrastructure
to complement its tech team. The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of corporate IT infrastructure. Together with a team of developers, s/he will provide solutions to ensure that all the core functions of the company and its subsidiaries continue to grow and perform in an efficient and timely manner. In the event of a disruption, this role is vital to the restoration of services to minimize downtime by providing the necessary technical support.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies, and procedures, and be responsible for infrastructure design, planning, implementation, and documentation.
- Responsible for tech support covering but not limited to: Server hardware and associated peripherals, network infrastructure and devices (switches, cabling, routers, firewalls, etc.), Network-attached devices (including tracking systems), Data communications devices, CCTV / Security access systems.
- Act as a focal point for all infrastructure contracts and purchasing requirements.
- Ensure security of data, network access, and backup systems.
- Together with the tech team, manage and continuously improve Cloud Operations, DevOps, and On-prem IT infrastructure/operations.
- Ensure minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, testing, tuning, troubleshooting, forensics, and monitoring.
- Analyse and provide timely resolution to end-user software incidents and connectivity issues while adhering to business-aligned service level objectives.
- Perform server and system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
Why you’ll love the journey:
- Proven working experience as a Head of Infrastructure, IT manager, or similar (+5 years) in maintaining, operating, tuning, and troubleshooting complex operating systems and applications in a heterogeneous high-volume environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related recognized professional degree.
- Leadership skills and business acumen.
- Able to work flexible hours, be on-call, and on own initiative.
- Solid knowledge of cloud services, windows operating systems, end-user client applications, professional business applications, including domains, directories, email, database engines, etc.
- Strong knowledge and hands-on experience in networking and telecommunications systems.
- General knowledge of 3CX phone systems and Cisco network equipment, routers, and switches. Good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP, and higher-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP, and FTP is important.
- Mikrotik / Ubiquiti / Cisco SMB experience would be considered an asset.
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on thousands of people.
- Flat structure, C-level management team average age mid-30s.
- You will join a highly ambitious company that will never rest on its laurels and will continue pushing the bar higher.
- Relocation Support. We aim to make your move to our headquarters in Malta as smooth as possible.
- Team lunches, open training budget, employee referral schemes.
- Our own Tech wing workspace, spread over 4 floors, designed to act as an incubator of ideas, personal growth and creativity.
- Exciting team events & company parties! We work hard but play hard too!
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us.
- We don’t care where you work from as long as you get the job done!
- You choose your own hardware. MacBook or Windows? We love tech and this helps our employees stay ahead.
- A fast-paced, challenging environment ready to rock the mobility world. Those who dare to join will reap great opportunities for professional development.
- Build together, grow together. The company has brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.