Job vacancy: Deputy Head within Technology
Job code: TEC/032/2020
Public Call Permit: 639/2020
Technology is at the core of the knowledge-based organization. It enables MFSA's strategic and operational objectives to be achieved efficiently and effectively. The Technology team is made up of professionals specialized in relevant areas that include governance and planning, information systems, information security, operations, and service management. Officials from Technology also participate and give their contribution in several European committees, expert groups, and industry fora.
- The selected candidate shall manage a team of technology operations specialists and service delivery professionals responsible for the organization’s network architecture, security platforms, infrastructure systems, service, and support;
- He or she will report to the Head of Technology and will be a key member within the Function involved in technology operations and service management to engineer and maintain mission-critical systems to meet business requirements;
- The selected candidate will also represent MFSA at working groups and task forces at a local and international level;
- We are looking for candidates with a solid foundation in information and communication technologies and management;
- The role calls for an academic qualification in a relevant field of study at National Qualification Framework level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Center (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level. Preference will be given to that individual with MQF level 7;
- You will possess a minimum of six (6) years of experience in pertinent technologies and service delivery. You would also ideally have had some previous working experience in enterprise-level technologies;
- If you do not have the necessary academic or professional qualifications but you have at least ten (10) years of relevant experience, we would still be interested in speaking with you.
How to apply or query further information:
- Strong knowledge of innovative technologies and services;
- Strong people management skills;
- Effectual negotiating abilities;
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills;
Candidates are to forward a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (C.V.) and an accompanying covering letter providing the motivation for the application.
Other important information:
The MFSA is an Equal Opportunities Employer as certified by the NCPE (National Commission for the Protection of Equality) and is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and will take care to avoid any form of discrimination in its recruitment procedures. The MFSA reserves the right to withdraw this call at any time and not to select any of the Candidates. It is the responsibility of applicants in possession of qualifications awarded by Universities and other similar institutions outside Malta to produce a recognition statement on the comparability of qualifications issued by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC). Applicants should do so preferably at the application stage or otherwise at the preliminary interview should an applicant be selected for such an interview. Details can be obtained by accessing the National Commission for Further and Higher Education website under the MQRIC heading. The MFSA shall ensure that any processing of personal data is in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation), the Data Protection Act (Chapter 586 of the Laws of Malta), and any other relevant European Union and national law. For further details, you may refer to the Data Protection Policy on the MFSA webpage. Candidates are to note that the submission of any false statement/s or omission, even if unintended, may lead to the cancellation of their application and may render the candidate's appointment liable to termination. Furthermore, please note that candidates may be asked to submit any documentation in support of the information provided, including but not limited to, proof of qualifications and Police Conduct Certificates.
Malta Financial Services Authority:
The Malta Financial Services Authority (MFSA) is the single regulator for financial services in Malta. It was established by law on 23 July 2002 taking over supervisory functions previously carried out by the Central Bank of Malta, the Malta Stock Exchange, and the Malta Financial Services Centre. The Authority is a fully autonomous public institution and reports to Parliament on an annual basis.