Job vacancy: Survey Technician
Jobsplus Permit No. 467/2021
Duties and areas of responsibilities:
The job incumbent is expected to undertake the following duties amongst others:
Successful candidates must be in possession of the following:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Provides survey and draughting support when needed.
- Considers and interprets survey measurements and observations.
- Plots alignment and leveling data.
- Prepares the survey equipment/instruments to meet particular job requirements.
- Responsible for regular maintenance and upkeep of the instruments and other equipment used for surveying purposes.
- Maintaining appropriate records of survey data.
- Records survey measurements and observations as required.
- Evaluates site conditions before work commences and reports finding to direct superior.
- Sets out survey marks on site as directed by his superior.
- Provides survey support by operating optical, electronic, and manual instruments and any other measuring devices.
- Assists in-ground and quality control, as well as update survey, works.
- Carrying out various subsidiary tasks relevant to effective working in the job within the scope of normal flexibility.
- Acceptable secondary level of education, plus preferably one year experience in survey and draughting work.
- Interpersonal skill to work in a teamwork environment. Aptitude for work involved in the field.
*Candidates are to present scanned copies of all qualifications with their application together with any local equivalence evaluation, which documentation is issued by the National Commission for Further and Higher Education (NCFHE) in case of foreign certificates (excluding Ordinary and Advanced Levels) and certificates which are not issued by MCAST or the University of Malta by the closing date of submissions.
*The above post is for an indefinite period. Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae in pdf format.
The Planning Authority (PA) is the national agency responsible for implementing a holistic integrated planning system that ensures the sustainable management of land and sea resources together with the protection of the environment and our cultural heritage. The Authority offers a diverse range of career opportunities within a large organisation and provides exciting possibilities for the right candidates to give a valid contribution toward the future growth of the country.