BigMat in Malta is looking to recruit a Warehouse Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Warehouse Manager
maintains the accuracy of all inventories, manages warehouse and inventory costs, issues delivery orders, conducts stock take and maintains records, optimises location capacity and stock placement efficiency.
Main Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions:
- Plan, lead, and monitor storage and distribution services;
- Identify and implement warehouse-related policies and procedures;
- Ensure that the fastest and most cost-efficient routes are planned;
- Manage relationships with customers, suppliers, and sub-contractors;
- Agree on delivery slots with Suppliers;
- Allocate and monitor budgets;
- Monitor and manage stock levels;
- Monitor the dispatch of inhouse delivery vehicles and subcontractors;
- Ensure transportation schedules are adhered to;
- Monitor administrative and operational functions;
- Deal with technical difficulties and take action to resolve any issues;
- Ensure the necessary paperwork, such as shipping documentation, is in order;
- 13 Ensure that staff under your remit respond to customer queries and complaints in a prompt manner;
- Ensure routine maintenance is carried out on vehicles and equipment in adherence to the company’s policies on health and safety;
- Participate in the recruitment and training of new employees for the warehouse;
- Plan and prepare staff schedules and rosters;
- Carry out performance reviews;
- Ensure that the Warehouse services the outlet and other distribution channels in the most efficient manner.
The role is on a full-time basis and working hours will vary according to company needs. May either work Monday to Friday during office hours or else work on a shift basis, which would require working during evenings, weekends, and public holidays. Duties require one to work in different settings, including in an office environment, on the shop floor, or at a warehouse.
Education & Licenses Required:
Knowledge/Skills/Qualities/Tools & Equipment used in this position:
- Previous experience in warehousing in the retail sector is a requirement;
- On-the-job training is offered by the employer.
The Warehouse Manager is expected to have:
Big Mat Malta is the latest outlet to be opened as part of the first international chain of independent traders for construction materials. Created by the heads of companies close to their professional clients in 1981, BigMat has since shared the same values of being anchored locally and having a human dimension as the strength behind building SMEs. BigMat offers construction professionals and large-scale DIYers a range of high-quality building materials for new builds and refurbishment, acting as the main link in the professional ladder between the manufacturer and the end client. With over 820 sales outlets in Europe and a desire to grow sustainably in several countries, BigMat represents an unstoppable force in the construction materials market. It was founded in 1981 and up to 2013 had reached 415 members with 831 outlets in countries including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Belgium, Slovakia and now, Malta. In Malta BigMat, owned and operated by Attard Bros Group is taking its product offering to new levels and extending its portfolio to meet the needs of the Maltese household owner who wants to enjoy the satisfaction of doing things at home himself with the right equipment and materials.
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management;
- Knowledge of warehouse and inventory management;
- Knowledge of transportation regulations;
- An understanding of Geographic Information Systems (GIS);
- The ability to analyse and interpret data;
- An understanding of customer requirements;
- An understanding of business accounting and finance;
- Personnel management skills;
- Project management skills;
- Knowledge of health and safety procedures;
- Leadership skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Strong communication skills in English and/or Maltese;
- IT skills;
- Customer care skills;
- Organisational and planning skills;
- Analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills;
- Time management skills;
- The ability to cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines;
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- The ability to persuade, negotiate and network successfully.