InterContinental Malta is looking to recruit a passionate and dynamic full-time Maintenance Storekeeper & Purchasing Coordinator who takes pride in delivering high-quality standards of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Maintenance Storekeeper & Purchasing Coordinator in the Maintenance Department, you are responsible to order, receive, store and issue supplies and equipment, compile records of supply transactions and verify that supplies received are listed on requisitions and invoices.
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Purchasing and Procurement - chase suppliers for quotes and comparing quotes for prices before issuing purchase orders both local and foreign;
- Issuing of purchase orders;
- Ordering goods and chasing for deliveries;
- Closing of POs and preparing for GRN at receiving;
- Liaison with Management, Supervisors, and Technicians for procurement of material needed for projects and preventive maintenance;
- Together with management identify the best way forward to creating sub stores for the department’s sections;
- Organize and upkeep stores;
- Follow up on pending orders;
- Constantly update stock Control System;
- Seeking new material replacing old equipment / obsolete equipment as necessary (bulbs, light fittings, plumbing accessories, and similar);
- Control petty cash;
- Goods receiving and checking – matching with Delivery note / Invoice;
- Stacking and organizing materials received all different stores respectively;
- Regular Stocktaking of maintenance stores;
- Follow up on tools issued – to chase and request back;
- Issuing material as required and stocking up of sub stores;
- Department Runner – Outside purchasing for maintenance department;
- Updating MC materials issued to issue monthly stock transfers at the end of the month;
- Stocking and issuing of team uniforms as necessary;
- Weekly handling of Gas both bulk and cylinders.
- Ideally, the chosen candidate is strong in Excel, ensures minimum stock level, creates and processes purchase orders by following the SOP as well as addresses the day-to-day request of other colleagues within the department;
- The candidate must have good record-keeping and must be organized;
- Must be in possession of college qualification with previous experience in a similar position;
- Moreover, the individual must have proven knowledge in electrical equipment, is computer literate, and has a good command of both the Maltese and English language.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.