eCabs’s technology team is developing innovative software solutions for the mobility tech industry while transforming eCabs into a product and data company. An opportunity has arisen within the technology team for an experienced DevOps Engineer
to form an integral part of a dynamic and ambitious company, to improve the tooling and build/test/deploy infrastructure for our teams, thus improving both efficiency and reliability of our systems release cycles. The chosen candidate will work closely and cross-functionally with our development and infrastructure teams to streamline the day-to-day work of those team members. S/He will provide leadership in the build and release processes and will provide tools and feedback to help multiply the output of those teams.
- Automate existing build, test, and release processes;
- Help provide a roadmap for infrastructure work with the teams;
- Own the continuous integration systems for projects;
- Collaborate with teams to understand and establish requirements for automated build and test systems;
- Work with teams to set up new environments for the platform;
- Optimize the automation of the release pipeline for existing and future products;
- Willingness to learn new technologies;
- Ability to research best practices and carry out system evaluations.
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role within a technology company;
- Proficiency in the development of automated CI/CD pipelines;
- Experience with setting up, managing, and deploying systems on containerized infrastructures;
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform, AWS, and Terraform is a plus;
- Experience with containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes;
- Proficiency in Linux administration;
- Experience with a micro-service architecture;
- Working knowledge of application and infrastructure monitoring systems such as Grafana, Datadog, NewRelic or similar.
Why you’ll love the journey:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on thousands of people;
- Flat structure, C-level management team average age mid-30s;
- You will join a highly ambitious company that will never rest on its laurels and will continue pushing the bar higher;
- Relocation Support. We aim to make your move to our headquarters in Malta as smooth as possible;
- Team lunches, open training budget, employee referral schemes;
- Our own Tech wing workspace spread over 4 floors, designed to act as an incubator of ideas, personal growth, and creativity;
- Exciting team events & company parties! We work hard but play hard too;
- Supportive Environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us;
- We don’t care where you work from as long as you get the job done;
- You choose your own hardware. MacBook or Windows? We love tech and this helps our employees stay ahead;
- A fast-paced, challenging environment ready to rock the mobility world. Those who dare to join will reap great opportunities for professional development;
- Build together, grow together. The company has brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.