Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an experienced Tradesperson to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to the Civil Maintenance Manager and under immediate supervision, performs unskilled and skilled building maintenance work of routine difficulty; and performs related work as required.
- An employee in this class assists in a variety of tasks including carpentry, pointing, painting, plumbing, electrical, masonry, and general mechanical repair work;
- Carry out minor concrete and grouting works as directed;
- Carry out minor Tiling, Plastering, and Plumbing works;
- Intervene and repair drainage systems;
- Carry out work using counterbalance forklift as necessary in line with safety regulations;
- Carry out general cleaning and heavy handling as directed;
- Erect scaffolding to be certified as required;
- Carry out materials and personnel transportation as directed;
- Carry out jobs using heavy equipment and tools in line with safety regulations;
- Carry out jobs at heights;
- Assist in Repair works, Soffit works, Purchasing from suppliers, internal company transport and distribution / archiving, furniture relocation, Aluminum works, and Glass repairs, carpentry work, and painting.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Basic educational background;
- Past experience in any of the abovementioned skills;
- Forklift driver license and trained holder is a MUST;
- Knowledge of basic health and safety rules and equipment;
- Knowledge of the operation of hand power tools;
- Knowledge on the operation of basic operational tools such as scissor lifts, scaffolding erection, etc;
- Basic carpentry skills preferred;
- Painting skills preferred;
- Basic electrical knowledge preferred;
- Plumbing knowledge preferred.
- Frequent lifting/carrying (5-20 kg);
- Frequent pushing/pulling (25-100 kg);
- Frequent handling/gripping/bending/stooping;
- Ability to work at elevated heights off a ladder or platform, climb stairs, leaning over equipment;
- Ability to stand and/or work on feet for extended periods (minimum of eight hours in one shift);
- Physical strength and proficiency with the use of hand and power tools.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.