InterContinental Malta is looking to recruit a Security Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis. As Security Officer
, you will be responsible for implementing safety and security policies.
- Responsible for the safety and security of guests, employees, and establishment needs during the shift;
- Report all hotel property deficiencies and safety or security hazards;
- Initiate action to improve a hazardous situation immediately;
- Be familiar with the location of fire alarms and fire fighting equipment;
- Maintain the security system;
- Maintain surveillance of those areas that are frequented by guests and all work areas;
- Ensure checks are conducted on fire panel, fire hose real outlets and fire barriers, and all other safety equipment and ensure that all are in good working order;
- Ensure the hotel alarm system is in good working order.
- Fulfilling this role requires a highly responsible person who has excellent organization, time management, and communication skills and is in good physical shape;
- A security-related course/qualification and/ or First Aid qualification will be highly regarded, coupled with a minimum of two years of security and safety experience;
- Fluency in English is a must whilst knowledge of an additional language will be considered an asset;
- You will be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with the guests and employees;
- Certification in safety and training and/or licensed as a Security Officer or Law Enforcement Officer will be highly desired;
- Working knowledge of local laws, investigation methods, OHSA requirements, and fire codes and life safety codes;
- Problem-solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used when an emergency situation occurs;
- Reading and writing abilities are utilized in order to document or record all tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive their instructions for the day, and/or to read safety and security procedures.
*If you feel you have the requirements needed for this role, kindly send us your application via the Apply Now button.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometers from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.