One of our clients in the Hotel industry in Malta is looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Carry out regular inspections and examine for defects in building services, plant, equipment, installations, etc. and keep relative records.
- Carry out tests on building services, equipment, installations, etc., including the use of test equipment and keep relative records.
- Perform preventive maintenance work and to carry out the necessary modifications on building services, equipment, installations, appliances, tools, etc. and keep relative records.
- Attend to faults and breakdowns of building services, equipment, installations, appliances, etc.
- Carry out fault identifications and localization and subsequent repair works on building services, equipment, installations, appliances, etc.
- Examine drawings, wiring diagrams, and specifications to determine the appropriate method and subsequence of operations.
- Operate and maintain all machinery and equipment.
- Supervise contractors’ personnel carrying out maintenance, servicing or installation works, and ensure that work is carried out to standards acceptable by the company.
- Perform technical support to assist with the design, development, installation, operation and maintenance of building services, equipment, installations, etc.
- Ensure that all operational, safety and security standards and regulations established by the company are adhered to at all times.
- Provide support to the rest of the staff of the Maintenance department as required.
- 2+ years’ experience working in a similar environment.
- Wireman’s licence A.
- Able to work on all kitchen area appliances, refrigeration, and electrical equipment.
- Able to work flexible hours and on own initiative.
- Knowledge of the Plant Room would be considered an asset.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Organized with an analytical mind and strong technical skills.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.
- Multitask effectively and be able to problem-solve with a can-do attitude.
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.