Magro Brothers (Food) Limited in Malta is looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the General/Preventive Maintenance works which involve use and repairs of machinery, repairs on infrastructure and services equipment, and fine-tuning on production lines while ensuring that all equipment is well looked after and well prepared for its purpose;
- Ensuring that the machinery/equipment being serviced is adequately set and that no parts are left unmaintained, which could give future problems when such machinery/equipment is in use;
- Ensure that prior to releasing equipment/machinery for use/production he is to carry out the necessary testing and checking to guarantee the proper operation;
- Assisting in the fabrication of machine parts, especially when these are worn out or were required, and thus ensure proper replacement and functionality;
- Performing overhaul tasks of electrical/electronic, mechanical, and pneumatic nature;
- Keeping good communication with his superiors and colleagues, while keeping them well informed on progress on projects assigned to him and reporting immediately any mishaps and actions that are required;
- Ensuring that the company’s policies and procedures including those of health and safety are always followed;
- Ensuring that health and safety policies and procedures are being adhered to by both himself and employees under his responsibility.
The ideal candidate should:
Magro Brothers (Food) Limited:
The Magro Brothers Group of Companies is a family-owned organization dedicated to the production and provision of quality food. The Group operates from a cluster of purposely-built food workshops and factories located in Xewkija, Gozo, and aptly known as “The Magro Food Village”. The passion for good food and the deep-rooted family spirit is very present in the well-trained and highly motivated workforce, who are committed to giving the best consistent results to their world-class clients. The organization was established in 1916 when three Magro brothers decided to join their father who was already a leading general provision merchant. In 1934 they ventured into food processing and established the first tomato processing plant on the tiny island of Gozo. Besides tomatoes and their renowned canning operation, Magro Brothers are today involved in dairy products and in a vast range of award-winning traditional craft food. The Magro Brothers Group of companies also have investments in real estate and the retail sector.
- In possession of a Diploma in either Mechanical or Electrical/Electronic Engineering;
- Wireman’s Electrical License A and/or B;
- Have between two (2) and five (5) years’ work experience in a similar role;
- Have a good command (written and communication) in English;
- Have good communication and leadership skills;
- Be well organized, target-oriented, and can handle target pressures;
- Be flexible in working hours.