InterContinental Malta is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technical Supervisor to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Candidates applying must be residing in Malta.
The Maintenance Technical Supervisor will oversee a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the plant rooms as well as the outlets and their respective kitchens in compliance. The candidate will need to work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in everything s/he does.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and repair any mechanical or electrical problems should they arise;
- Upholding the basic upkeep of all kitchen areas by ensuring all appliances and electrical equipment such as refrigerators, cold rooms and ovens are in working order;
- Maintain the HVAC of the Hotel and conduct repairs when necessary;
- Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repair on light fixtures and electrical distribution boards;
- Test, troubleshoot, and perform basic repair on any other type of equipment;
- Maintain the Domestic Hot Water heating and plumbing systems to ensure functionality;
- Perform routine preventive maintenance procedures as per schedule;
- Report major repair needs to the Chief Engineer;
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free;
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed.
The candidate will be required to work different shifts, weekends, and/or holidays and must have the following requirements:
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometres from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach.
- HVAC and refrigeration certification NQF level 4 or equivalent;
- Electrical License ‘A’ and ‘B’ will be an asset;
- Knowledge of general maintenance processes and methods;
- Must be able to work at his own initiative and within a team.