InterContinental Malta is currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Shift Technician to join their team on a full-time basis.
*Candidates applying must be residing in Malta.
The Shift Technician will perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the outlets and their respective kitchens in compliance. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in everything they do. We are inviting positive, self-assured, and professional persons with a really approachable manner to apply for this position. You must be a committed and dedicated individual who takes pride in going above and beyond to delivering exceptional quality service.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Must have the following requirements:
- Operate, monitor, and control all plant operations and building systems in the property to ensure functionality;
- Perform regular checks and inspections to technical areas as directed by the Chief Engineer and report issues;
- Duly report on checks done on the property and action on issues pertaining to the area of responsibility;
- Address maintenance technical requests and repairs of the property in a timely manner, including but not limited to Hotel plant, equipment, systems, and kitchen equipment;
- Perform a wide variety of general building, equipment, and machinery maintenance as required;
- Perform preventive maintenance and servicing of the plant equipment and systems;
- Assist in other trades in the department as deemed necessary such as plumbing work, basic carpentry, and painting work;
- Make sure a proper handover is given at the start and end of every shift.
Situated in the exclusive beachside resort of St Julian's, InterContinental Malta is just seven kilometers from Valletta, Malta's capital city, and within walking distance of some of the islands finest shopping and entertainment locations. Unwind by our lagoon styled outdoor pool, or simply enjoy a day at our private sandy beach
- Previous or similar knowledge on hotel plant & equipment with refrigeration and HVAC experience;
- Possession of at least electrical license A and/or OTD or HTD diploma;
- Strong knowledge of ELV, electrical and mechanical plant;
- Be skillful at diagnosing and carrying out repairs at the component level;
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and documentation for fault finding of equipment;
- Able to work on own initiative, as well as in a team;
- Be clean, tidy, and well-organized;
- Able to communicate fluently in English;
- Able to work evenings, nights, and weekends as per our business demands.