Iniala Management Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Maintenance Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The chosen candidate should have a firm knowledge of building maintenance, repairs, refurbishments, and cleaning procedures.
The chosen individual will be expected to have good time management skills and possess strong communication skills with a great eye for detail.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regularly inspect buildings, furniture, appliances, and equipment including heating, plumbing, and drainage for damage or wear and tear, and arrange corrective works as necessary.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, and machines, and perform preventative maintenance including cleaning and lubrication.
- Communicate with guests and members of staff to resolve maintenance issues without supervision in the least amount of time possible.
- Carry out apartment checks before the arrival of guests as per the checklist provided.
- Perform basic repair on all types of equipment (e.g. pump replacement), plumbing (e.g. plunge toilets and unclog drains), electrical equipment including lamps, cosmetic items, extension cords, vacuum cleaners, replace electrical switches and other guestroom items.
- Conduct surface preparation and painting, minor wood trim repair, lightbulb, and A/C filter replacement, and coordinate the clean-up of painting or repair area.
- Perform Engineer on Duty responsibilities, including readings and rounds.
- Acknowledge all guests according to company standards, address guests' service needs, assist individuals with disabilities where required, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull and place objects weighing less to equal to 25kg without assistance and heavier lifting or movement tasks with assistance, including movement up and downstairs, service ramps, and/or ladders.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Iniala Management Ltd:
Located on the prestigious and historic St. Barbara Bastion, overlooking Malta’s famous Grand Harbour, Iniala Harbour House is a bespoke boutique hotel spread over four Maltese townhouses and several ancient vaults, each having been lovingly restored to perfection. Situated within Iniala Harbour House is "Ion-The Harbour" our Michelin starred restaurant.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a similar position.
- Sound knowledge of HVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning unit), plumbing, and electrical systems.
- Possess solid knowledge and skill in the safe use of hand and power tools, and other materials required to perform repair and maintenance tasks.
- An eye for detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.