The Little Sisters of the Poor St. Paul’s Home for the Elderly in Malta is looking to recruit a Handyman/Driver
to join their team on a full-time basis.
Job Description for Handyman/Driver Driver responsibilities include:
- Driving Sisters, Residents, or employees to their desired destinations;
- Maintaining the vehicle safe and clean.
will transport clients in a comfortable, safe, and timely manner and will also include arranging regular cleaning and maintenance services for the vehicle. Valid driver’s license required and a clean driving record with no traffic violations. Note that you don’t need to have a car; we provide drivers with our own vehicles.
- Pick up clients from the place and at the time they’ve requested;
- Assist clients with loading and unloading their luggage;
- Ensure the car seats are clean and comfortable for all riders;
- Schedule regular car service appointments and report any issues.
- Proven experience as a Driver;
- A valid driver’s license;
- A clean driving record;
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage;
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts;
- A polite and professional disposition;
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour).
- Clean facilities by sweeping, dusting, etc;
- Perform maintenance and light repairs;
- Paint and fill gaps or crevices (on walls, sidewalks, etc.);
- Undertake light installation or carpeting (e.g. build cabinets);
- Repair equipment or appliances;
- Assist tradespeople with electrical, plumbing, or other repairs;
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks;
- Identify and report the need for major repairs.
- Proven experience as a handyman;
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment;
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing;
- Basic math skills;
- Good communication ability;
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving;
- Attention to detail;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
*Should you be interested in this position, click on 'Apply Now' or contact the Sisters on 21237639.
The Little Sisters of the Poor:
Continuing the work of Saint Jeanne Jugan, our MISSION is to offer the neediest elderly of every race and religion a home where they will be welcomed as Christ, cared for as family and accompanied with dignity until God calls them to himself. Continuing the work of Saint Jeanne Jugan, our MISSION is to offer the neediest elderly of every race and religion a home where they will be welcomed as Christ, cared for as family, and accompanied with dignity until God calls them to himself.