Environment Resources Authority is currently looking to recruit an Environment Technician II.
Job details: The Environment Technician II shall be responsible to support the line superior and ensure that the overall work is carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with any applicable policies, and approved business plans and in liaison with the line superior.
• General assistance to Environment Officials including the collation of data and other necessary preliminary work, in carrying out the functions of the Unit;
• To liaise, including correspondence, with the general public in connection with the Unit’s services or functions, including dealing with enquiries;
• To perform site visits for data collection;
• To assist officials in field work as required;
• To assist Environment Officers and other immediate superiors in preparing and implementing plans, policies, reports and documents on matters relating to administration, management, sampling, surveillance and monitoring, planning and formulation of action plans;
• To set up and maintain necessary databases and registers, and carry out the necessary surveys and data collection analysis;
• To prepare and implement scientific, and technical studies, plans, policies, reports, documents and advice relating to any environmental issue on matters concerned with the function of the unit;
• To attend public meetings, exhibitions or other functions to assist senior staff, and assisting in public awareness activities;
• Interpreting of measures necessary to be taken for the protection of the environment, according to the Unit the Environment Technician is assigned to, and liaising with other relevant Units within ERA on matters of mutual concern;
• To make sure of information technology tools to formulate reports, present data, input data, plot data on digital maps and communicate internally with other officers through IT;
• To carry out related subsidiary and ancillary tasks within the normal flexibility of the job as directed by the Unit Manager or other Senior Officer to which the Environment Technician II is assigned;
• Handle data with the strictest confidentiality where necessary;
• Assist in the maintenance, servicing and continuity of operation of environmental monitoring networks, analyzers, calibration systems, meteorological sensors and data processing equipment operated by ERA;
• ERA Officials in performing periodic quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) work including equipment adjustment and calibration following a predetermined schedule;
• Carry out of general maintenance duties and repairs on environmental monitoring equipment operated by ERA;
• Make recommendations and suggestions on matters relating to the responsibilities of the Unit to which the Environment Technician II is assigned; and
• Regular reporting to immediate senior officer to whom the Environment Technician is assigned and attend to the monitoring network outside core hours.
Job entry requirements:
1. Qualifications: Four (4) ‘O’ levels including Mathematics and English and at least a Science Subject or Geography (MQF level 3 Sec Grades 1-5)
(a) Enemalta Wireman Licence A AND
(b) A full certificate in Electronics, or Mechanical, or Electrical (MQF Level 2) or equivalent AND;
(c) Three (3) years relevant experience.
2. Skills: Possess category B driving licence
Kindly quote Jobsplus Permit No: 67/2024
To apply: Interested candidates are advised to submit their application, together with a detailed curriculum vitae and a copy of their qualifications by noon of Wednesday, 28th February, 2024 (CET); via https://era.org.mt/careers/