One of our clients, a leader within the Shipping, Transport and Logistics industry in Malta, is looking to recruit a Bus Driver to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Collect ticket fares and check that the tickets are valid;
- Scan the passengers’ cards and ensure passengers have the correct Pass when boarding the bus;
- Carry out the route as per the itinerary and in the expected timeframe;
- Communicate to the Control Room any incidence/problem that was produced during the service;
- Check the technical condition of the vehicle and the equipment on board by means of daily (routine) checks, identifying in the Defect Sheet any possible anomalies/abnormalities;
- Help and accommodate the passengers as they board and leave the bus in accordance with the norms of safety;
- Safeguard the passengers’ safety and that of others drivers using the road network;
- Hand-over of the daily collected cash (money) together with the invalid (null) tickets and the Defect Sheet when finishing his/her duty;
- Safeguard compliance with the norms and policies for Health and Safety, Risk Prevention, Data Protection, Quality and Environmental Control within the sphere of his/her duties.
- Basic spoken English;
- Basic level of education;
- Pass a medical examination and driving assessment;
- Clean Police record (current) from country of origin. (a stamped translated copy in English has to be provided as well);
- Required to work early morning, late evening and weekend shifts on a roster basis which is published four weeks in advance;
- Valid and clean driving license European Category D and CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence);
- Applicants will be requested to sit for a driving test conducted by local authorities in Malta.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail.