BM Construction Ltd in Malta is currently looking to recruit a Bricklayer/Steel Fixer & Shutterer to join their team on a full-time basis.
The chosen candidate would be a team player looking to be involved in the retaliation of specialized and innovative projects engineering solutions with a passion for detailing and execution on a range of exciting and prestigious new-build and refurbished projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To be conversant with, set up, and operate various trade machines, tools, and equipment to achieve the required designs and structures to high standards, such may include but shall not be limited to frame cutters, drill presses, lathes, press-break, and shears;
- To fabricate and assemble steel products and structures. More specifically, to measure fabricate, cut, weld, and shape steel parts, flowing drawings provided and any instructions from the supervisor to perform required tasks;
- The steelworker will also need to assemble and erect the fabricated structures as needed and in accordance with engineering plans and technical specifications;
- Read and interpret blueprints and sketches as well as take and/or read measurements.
BM Construction Ltd:
BM Construction Ltd is a construction company based in Malta.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working in construction in a similar position;
- A recognized qualification up to diploma level in the field would be considered an asset;
- Experience in working with various trade machines, tools, and equipment. Must be able to use these safely;
- Able to communicate effectively in English;
- Able to stand for long hours lift heavy objects and conduct repetitive motions;
- Trained to work effectively at heights for installation purposes;
- Strong work ethic and willingness to learn;
- Able to work under pressure completing tasks with minimum supervision.