G4S Malta is looking to recruit an Aviation Security Officer to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are G4S the world’s leading integrated security solutions company. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about security and customer service to join our growing team of Aviation Security Officers at the Malta International Airport. This is a great opportunity for individuals looking to embark on a career in Security with a global organisation that operates at the forefront of the Security industry.
The role of Aviation Security Officer is a specialist position that provides security and peace of mind to passengers traveling through MIA. Aviation Security Officers conduct screening of passengers, baggage, or cargo to ensure compliance with transportation regulations by adopting the highest industry standards and use of state of the art equipment and technology.
Duties & Responsibilities include:
Skills and Requirements:
- Staffing key security functions within the departures area and other related security points.
- Body and luggage screening of staff and departing passengers.
- Monitor passenger flow through screening checkpoints to ensure order and efficiency.
- Controlling of access, checking identification or travel documents for all passengers, staff, and airport users requiring access.
- Operate security equipment such as walk-through metal detectors, hand wands at screening checkpoints, and other ancillary equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
What do we offer?
- Good command of English and Maltese.
- Basic computer skills including the operation of IT equipment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ensuring excellent service standards.
- Capable to evaluate situations effectively together with an eye for detail.
- Carry out duties in a professional and courteous manner even when under pressure.
- Be in possession of a valid driving licence.
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
- Specialist Training: Successful applicants join as Trainees and are provided with specialist training leading to attainment of Certification as Aviation Security Officers.
- Salary progression: Salary increases in line with Collective Agreement as ASO’s progress from one Grade 1 to Grade 4.
- Career Development: Opportunity to apply for Supervisory positions.
- Shift work: Opportunity to work on a shift basis.