Foster Clark Products Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit an R&D Lab Technician to join their team on a full-time basis. Reporting to a Product Technologist/Product Improvement Specialist, the R&D Lab Technician supports product and knowledge development projects in various fields including flavouring, prototyping and sensory with the aim of launching successful consumer relevant products. The R&D Lab Technician also takes care of lab equipment, the lab organisation and carries out chemical analysis. The candidate also reports results and prepares documents for the R&D team.
- Responsible for prototyping activities relative to early kitchen trials and flavouring solutions for product development projects, events organisation or innovation workshops, including preparation, executing, tastings;
- Diligently and accurately weighing ingredients and preparing lab trials to support recipe development as specified by the lab trial sheets in a timely and efficient manner;
- Proficiency in carrying out the required analyses according to standard procedures and work instructions such as total acidity, pH measurements, gel strengths analysis etc;
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and correct reporting of results whilst highlighting any deviations or abnormal results efficiently and effectively;
- Support activities relative to sensory including preparation, execution of specific tests or events;
- Preparing samples for other business units and support consumer/competition analysis.
Lab and kitchen management:
- Ensure proper functioning of formulation, creative and sensory kitchens, including material supply and maintenance, GLPs implementation and internal databases management;
- Responsible for maintaining the lab in a neat and organized manner by ensuring adequate labelling of samples/ingredients, material stock level maintenance, daily equipment checks;
- Responsible for up-keep of lab and safety equipment in good order and ensure availability;
- Aiding in preparation for tasting sessions;
- Participate in routine sensorial training sessions whilst effectively be part of the R&D sensory panel.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Technology/Food Science/Food Engineering.
- Minimum 1 year demonstrated work experience executing analytical testing within a food environment, product prototyping, ideally with flavours or other flavouring ingredients and in kitchen/cooking preparations, ideally with novel and trendy ingredients;
- Experience in sensory evaluation and in product innovation will be considered an asset.
- Have good sensorial attributes;
- Solid understanding of food science and guiding principles;
- Analytical testing methodologies;
- Lab/kitchen management skills.
Foster Clark Products Ltd:
With a strong tradition and a history dating back to 1889, Foster Clark is dedicated to developing and supplying quality beverage preparations and food products in the desert, baking products, and sauces and dressings sectors. As a forward-looking company with a strong history of success, Foster Clark is committed to researching, producing, and bringing to the market high-quality products that meet customer expectations in different regions, while continuing with our expansion through the globe. We are committed to our own people as we are to our customers, acknowledging that our success is a direct result of their qualities. We continue to strengthen our team in all areas of the business and offer excellent long-term prospects. Manufacturing and marketing high-quality food and beverage products in over 80 different countries, is the cornerstone of our success and the benchmark for all our operations and processes.
- Attention to detail;
- Drive for Results;
- Rule Oriented;
- Verbal and Written communication;
- Planning and Organizing.