General Soft Drinks Co Ltd in Malta is looking to recruit a Territory Sales Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The Territory Sales Manager
shall be responsible to manage the Company sales in order to meet NSR, profit, and volume goals specified by the Company’s strategic business plans.
The position will involve:
- Guide and manage the sales force to develop accurate weekly customer demand forecasting.
- Assist the Commercial Excellence Manager in the preparation of the annual sales budget and the achievement of the approved annual sales target.
- Recommend to the Commercial Excellence Manager sales strategies in line with the present market trends.
- Responsible to manage, with the supervision of the National Sales Manager, negotiations and contracts (in line with the commercial policy and approved budgets), to ensure implementation of MSL (Must stock list) and PiCOS (merchandising) standards as per brand guidelines and commercial annual plan in order to achieve set NSR, volume, and NSR/UC targets.
- Liaise, with the Commercial Excellence Manager, for movement updates of approved contracts for client’s signatures and guide sales force accordingly.
- Identify and capitalize on marketplace competitive concerns and opportunity gaps while maintaining a cost/benefit positive focus.
- Responsible to achieve targeted NSR, volume, and NSR/UC in the territory, including managing credit, deliveries, commercial deals/contracts, and marketing/promotional opportunities.
- Maintain and adhere to the Credit Processes and procedures, ensuring on-time collection of all account receivables from the respective sales force.
- Plan Key account activation, in line with OBPPC and PiCOS (Picture of Success) strategies, to expand distribution and improve merchandising as per model outlet standards in liaison with the Activation Manager.
- Responsible to negotiate and implement, with the support of the activation team, all planned activities as per brand and customer activity calendar and brand business plans.
- Recommend, to the Commercial Excellence Manager, Succession planning and professional development for the Sales Team.
- Resolve product or service problems and disruptions and customer complaints involving Sales issues.
- Work closely with the Logistics Department in order to resolve distribution issues.
- Liaise with the Brand Managers on product promotional plans and ensure they are understood and executed by the sales team.
- Ensure the proper execution of new product initiatives, in line with the guidelines submitted by the Brand Managers.
General Soft Drinks Co Ltd:
The General Soft Drinks Co Ltd is responsible for manufacturing a wide range of soft drinks across Malta. We do this for brands owned by The Coca Cola Company (TCCC) including Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Coke Zero, Fanta, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, Schweppes, and Kristal. We are an independent Coca Cola bottler and are the sole licensed bottler for products of TCCC in Malta. We employ over 240 people in Malta and Gozo at our manufacturing site, offices, and distribution centers. Our Company is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our products and operations, with a particular focus on recycling, water stewardship energy, and climate protection. Through our sister company, GSD Marketing Ltd we sell and distribute TCCC products manufactured in Malta as well as import, sell and distribute other TCCC products including Nestea, Cappy Juices and Powerade. We also import, sell and distribute other brands including Monster, Bavaria, Stella Artois, Berlin Beer, Lowenbrau, Café Mauro and Evian on behalf of other brand owners.
- A strong commercial acumen with a least five years’ experience in the Maltese FMCG business, preferably with knowledge of the beverage industry.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of Maltese & English.
- Excellent Negotiation and Analytical skills.
- The ability to think strategically in order to capture present market trends, define a vision of the future, set an agenda, and lead the team to achieve this vision.
- An outgoing personality with excellent Interpersonal, Teambuilding and Leadership skills.
- A self-starter and team player with a strong drive to achieve targets.