One of our clients, a leader in the FMCG sector in Malta, is looking to recruit a Commercial Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Development of business plan including budgeting and forecasting of the respective brands within your portfolio.
- Liaise with marketing in building and developing marketing plans for all brands within your portfolios.
- Monitoring competitor activity and external forces, suggesting action to counteract where necessary, namely in pricing, product innovation and product development, ranging and product selection.
- Maintain an excellent relationship with all suppliers you are responsible for.
- Attend meetings to ensure you are up to date on the company’s objectives.
- Attend trade fairs to meet potential new suppliers.
- Analyse brand positioning and consumer insights.
- Analyse sales data in order to make suggestions to sales and marketing teams on possible corrective action where necessary.
- Manage the price model and suggest tactical price positioning.
- Set and communicate commercial strategies with a view to maximising market penetration in relevant channels.
- Set ceilings and limits on discounts for the sales team.
- Manage budgets and price models, making suggestions for the optimisation of gross profits.
- Actively seek new brands/products to increase sales and profitability of your division.
- Responsible to forecast demand, order stock in line with pre-set plans and constantly monitor stock levels to ensure adequate stocks to avoid out of stock situations. Implement and attain a “Just in time” stock policy where applicable for 4 - 8 weeks’ stock holding, with minimal stock loss.
- A University Degree or equivalent in a business-related subject.
- 3+ years of previous experience in a similar role.
- Excellent communication in written and spoken English.
- Have strong selling skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Valid driving license.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Meticulous with a keen eye for detail;
- Highly organised with a can-do attitude and problem solving skills;
- Work independently and also as part of a team.