Meeting Point Malta is looking to recruit a Commercial Executive
to join their team on a full-time basis. The ideal candidate will support the Contracting Manager in the daily tasks pertaining to contracting and all related responsibilities linked to ensure competitive and successful negotiations in benefit of Meeting Point Malta.
Skills and Abilities:
- Source rates from the various partners;
- Prepare seasonal rate comparisons based on rates and conditions;
- Prepare the various types of contracts for negotiations;
- Correct filing and communication with the commercial team;
- Establish, develop and maintain contact with hotels & commercial managers;
- Establish, develop and maintain contact with preferred partners;
- Ensure product availability to meet the client’s needs;
- Assist CM or HoC with appointment setting;
- Follow up on various matters and other department related tasks as needed;
- Any other tasks related to the daily running of the contracting department and not necessarily restricted to the above-mentioned points;
- Ensuring updates on all CCS/Contracting & Brochure sheets and other control excel document;
- Coordinate loading of purchasing/sales (especially for FTI) /Atcore/Sharepoint.
- Have excellent communication skills;
- Good standard of English language;
- Have the ability to negotiate and find solutions;
- Be creative with a positive and innovative approach to problems;
- Able to work under pressure and within a team;
- Good working knowledge of Word/Excel/Outlook;
- Driving licence.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Must have a ‘can-do' attitude;
- Studies or experience in Tour Operator/DMC/Hotel.
What we offer:
- Experience preferably in a marketing/sales or account management environment dealing with preferred partners, travel agents, and suppliers;
- Knowledge of tourism requirements including working with suppliers, partners, and clients.
Meeting Point Malta Ltd:
Meeting Point International is a leading Global Destination Management Company offering tailor-made products and concepts to a wide spectrum of Tour Operators and Travel Organizations worldwide. We provide first-class destination management solutions, such as; the provision of hotels, transfers, excursions, representation and all ground handling services. As part of the FTI Touristic Group, the fourth largest Travel Operator in Germany and in Europe. Current destinations we operate in include popular Mediterranean holiday hot-spots such as The Canaries, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Portugal, Italy, Malta, and Cyprus, further afield resorts such as Azores, Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia and Lebanon, and long-haul destinations such as USA, the Caribbean, Thailand, the UAE, and Oman. Besides offering destination management services, Meeting Point also focuses on the hospitality sector. Meeting Point Hotel Management which was founded by FTI in 2015, is an international hospitality company with a portfolio of five brands compromising more than 69 properties with more than 14,000 rooms, in 10 countries and 4 continents. The company’s portfolio includes Labranda Hotels & Resorts, Design Plus Hotels, Kairaba Hotels & Resorts, Clubs and Lemon & Soul Hotels.
- A competitive salary;
- A friendly and safe environment with some lovely offices in Smart City;
- Flexibility working 2 times weekly in the office and the other 3 days working from home, after initial training;
- All equipment will be provided;
- Health & Life Insurance;
- Fitness benefit;
- Training will be provided initially and also ongoing.