Our client, within Financial Services, is currently recruiting for a Project Management to join their team. The chosen candidate will be responsible for the Bank’s strategic and functional Programs, ensuring that such is delivered using industry standards against agreed quality, time and budget.
- To shape plan and monitor any assigned projects, the administration and day-to-day activities of the project in close coordination with the Technical teams and other business functions, taking into consideration all business aspects to bring a project to successful completion, understanding the inter-dependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- To direct, coach, manage and motivate the project team whilst also monitoring their performance in relation to the project and the pre-established project success criteria.
- To manage and control project related risks, including the development of contingency plans and ensure that project issues are properly reported, actioned and closed.
- To liaise with the Program Management team on all project related matters to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project and any other projects with overlapping milestones.
- To define, plan and manage the allocation of budget and human resources according to assigned budget and capacity for the planning and delivery of strategic and functional projects and program.
- To support in defining the project and programs’ scope, business case and measurement of project success and report to the project board and stakeholders on a regular basis through the development and execution of an efficient internal communication strategy across the board;
- To assist in the requirements gathering and analysis phases of the project, being up to date on all requirements, their status, any changes to be able to immediately calculate and flag and impact to the timeline and subsequent financial impact caused by the delay in terms of costs of opportunity or lost business.
- To guide, assist and coordinate staff members in the execution of projects.
- Participate in establishing practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- To ensure that all tasks are carried out efficiently and effectively and that all internal policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- To perform any duties that may be assigned to him/her from line management from time to time.
Education & Experience:
- Banking/ Accounting knowledge or experience.
- Possess a first/second degree level of education in IT, Business and Computing or equivalent specialised training or experience.
- Possess certification in project management disciplines such as PRINCE2 Practitioner and/or PMP.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in hands on Project Management.
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Ability to challenge the status quo and business owners and inspire others to identify opportunities and areas for improvement.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Customer Driven with an ability to prioritise issues based on impact.
- Excellent attention to detail.