Our client is a Building Services contractor providing installation services to a wide range of private and public clients throughout Malta. An individual is now required to undertake the role of Draughtsman and Quantity Surveyo
r, taking responsibility for the design and cost management of projects.
- Liaising with clients and consultant and conduction feasibility studies based on project requirements;
- Design and preparation of detailed drawings (using relevant software) from the inception stage, making adjustments as required until project completion;
- Conducting site visits at various stages of the project to evaluate projections and progress reports;
- Liaise with and support the Senior Manager, providing any concerns regarding the development and maintenance of budgets, material, or manpower resources at various stages of the project;
- Undertake detailed briefing sessions with Senior Manager to ensure client requirements are met ad project budget is adhered to;
- Ensuring any changes to the project plan is brought to Senior Manager’s attention; cost and documented efficiently and officially in line with company procedure;
- Maintaining contract with the client and obtaining acceptance of any variations in cost;
- Monitoring project process and ensuring project remains within budget;
- Together with Senior Manager, measure and prepare details required for payment claims (as per agreed terms and condition of service);
- Preparing project final account and final BOQ, analysis of completed projects to determine the return on investment/profitability and identify areas of weakness to be taken into consideration for improvement to maximize cost-effectiveness on other projects;
- Assist in contract close, including resolution of disputes that may arise, performing contract assessment.
*Our client requires an astute individual with the ability to manage costs on projects M&E projects. You will have excellent communication skills and be confident creating and maintaining relationships with both clients and other stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to progress your career with a busy organization, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
*Applicants with the Right to Work on the island are asked to apply.
Ably Resources Limited:
At Ably Resources we provide the best available talent in the UK and across the globe. Whether it's the placement of one individual or the mobilization of a whole project team, we can guarantee you a professional and highly skilled response to your requirements. Our aim is to deliver the best possible solutions, so we will make sure we fully understand the nature of your work-scope, the key issues, and the complexities. We will then strive to meet your needs as quickly, and as cost-effectively, as possible. We can provide staff at all levels, from skilled trades to any office support staff, middle and senior management, and director level across many disciplines. We're based in Glasgow, but we have absolutely no geographical restrictions. We currently supply clients throughout the UK and worldwide. Nor do we have any restrictions on our client-base, which currently ranges from small independent firms to global multi-nationals. We deliver complete recruitment solutions from advertising, sourcing, shortlisting, selection, and full candidate back-up. In addition, we offer security and medical screening, credential verification, and referencing. Through innovative web-based attraction and recruitment solutions combined with our extensive database and contact pool, we are confident in delivering a quality choice. Ably Resource's ambitious aims are to deliver recruitment services to its clients wherever and whenever their requirements arise.