AX Construction is looking to recruit a Construction Project Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The right candidate must be experienced and will plan and supervise a range of construction projects from start to finish. He/She will be responsible for overseeing, planning, managing, and tracking the progress of our construction projects and will be required to provide strong leadership to promote best practices in managing interrelated projects and programs to ensure successful delivery. Certain projects may also comprise finishing/trade works in which case the Project Manager would also be required to manage/ coordinate works with such trades.
- Oversee, manage and direct construction projects from beginning to end;
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment, and materials) with attention to budgetary limitations;
- Develop a cost-effective plan and schedule for completion of project following a logical pattern for utilization of resources. Schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met;
- Prepare work method statements, as necessary;
- Monitor construction sites’ status, progress, quality of construction, and cost. Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports;
- Ensure that project/s resources have the correct toolsets and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully;
- Plan ahead to prevent problems and resolve any emerging ones;
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues;
- Manage and mitigate risks;
- Coordinate work and oversee the performance of subcontractors/trade contractors;
- Provide technical advice and support on the on-site operation. Supervise assistant managers, check on any reported difficulties / assist to resolve issues/deficiencies;
- Ensure compliance with specification and quality assurance criteria;
- Liaise with people at all levels for better planning and monitoring. Collaborate with engineers, architects, client’s representatives, H&S supervisors, etc;
- Collation, filing / transmission of project documents / records / data;
- Attend site and progress meetings.
- Proven experience in construction management or a similar role;
- Good knowledge of construction management processes/principles;
- Knowledge of building products, construction details, and relevant rules, regulations ad quality standards;
- Familiarity with health and safety standards/regulations;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Familiarity with construction/project management software;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Excellent organizational and time -management skills;
- A team player with leadership abilities;
- Good knowledge of MS Office and ACAD;
- Minimum first degree in construction management, architecture, engineering, or relevant field.
AX Construction Ltd. has been established in 1976 providing building services to institutions that recognize the value of a partner who works diligently and creatively to find the best possible solution for each particular project. AX Construction Ltd. relates mainly to civil engineering works, turnkey assignments, project management and restoration work. Over the years, it was entrusted with a number of major projects including the Group’s four hotels; the Group’s head office; Verdala Mansions in Rabat, Malta; Capua Hospital in Sliema; Parliament building superstructure in Valletta; and various other projects which were executed for Group companies and third-party clients. During 2014 and 2015, the construction division developed the Simblija Care Home & Hilltop Gardens Retirement Village on a site measuring circa 17,000 square meters, located in Simblija, limits of Naxxar. In the current financial year and FY2018, the Group will be primarily involved in the conversion of the two newly acquired properties in Valletta to boutique hotels.