One of our clients in Malta is looking to recruit a Sports Retail Operations Manager to join their team on a full-time basis.
- Conduct analysis on available data (e.g., sell-out and sell-through, trends bestseller, brands) to ensure that the store performance is in line with the assigned sales and profitability targets and identify and lead corrective actions where needed;
- Work with Planning and Merchandising team and Brand Team to ensure optimal sports inventory management, product planning, buying and mark down process. Monitor returns, inventory levels, product sell through and product availability for each store to ensure an adequate product cover. Manage stock movements between stores and plans to liquidate end of sale product;
- Work with and provide input to marketing teams to ensure implementation of marketing guidelines to drive awareness on sport merchandise;
- Ensure that VM is consistent in all stores and according to the brands’ guidelines. Implement planned shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow, to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers;
- Identify areas for concept improvement and secure support to execute throughout the organisation;
- Lead and develop a consumer-focused organization by recruiting, managing, training (selling and customer care) and motivating all team members, whilst respecting company policies and employment laws;
- Keep up to date with all the latest sports trends as well as sport trend predictions;
- Lead the Store Opening/Refit Process & ensure all support is being given to open the store on time;
- Seek and inform about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and share this to relevant stakeholders and departments in the Company;
- Hold regular team briefings/update meetings;
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, staff and customer awareness, according to company health and safety guidelines and measures and relevant law;
- Ensure compliance with all processes, operating procedures, standards and guidelines for central services (Sales, Merchandising, Purchasing, Marketing, Human Resources, etc).
- 5+ years’ experience sports retail & brand management;
- Proven track record in delivery of results and achievement of targets;
- Involvement in sports activity considered an asset;
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire others, able to deal with suppliers, partners and employees;
- Excellent written and oral communication in English.
Paragon Europe is an innovative, international EU affairs, advisory, recruitment & compliance company with head offices in Malta and Brussels. From its inception, Paragon Europe has striven to realise excellence by competing with cutting edge peers in the ultra-competitive market of EU funding. Paragon Europe works with both private and public organisations, NGOs, universities, educational institutes and agencies offering various services related to European funded programmes such as Horizon 2020, Erasmus+, Youth Workers, COSME, PON/POR and more to supply the best workforce possible.
- Organized with an analytical mind and strong technical skills;
- Meticulous with a keen eye to detail;
- Multitask effectively and able to problem-solve;
- Proactive and able to work on own initiative.