Hudon Holdings Ltd, Malta is looking to employ a Sports Retail Operations Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
At Hudson, our strong identity in sports is what makes us tick. Our passion for our customers and our brands is what drives our results-driven nature. Our unique combination of talent, allows us to thrive in any environment and we are on the lookout for the next team member to take on the role of Sports Retail Operations Manager.
What will you do? You will be responsible for managing and achieving the P&L targets all our Malta Sports stores including Nike and Intersport stores.
How will you do it? Through embodying Hudson's Values and Behaviours, acting with speed, simplicity and having a passion for sales. Manage and be accountable for all stores, our sales teams and operations according to company standards and guidelines and work cross functionally to execute these strategies and ensure brand/s consistency.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Day to Day operations of store/s under his/her responsibility.
- Conduct analysis on available data (e.g., sell-out and sell-through, trends bestseller, brands) to ensure that the store performance is in line with the assigned sales and profitability targets and identify and lead corrective actions where needed.
- Work with Planning and Merchandising team to ensure optimal sports inventory management.
- Work with this team and Brand Team on the product planning, buying and mark down process. Monitor returns, inventory levels, product sell-through and product availability for each store to ensure an adequate product cover. Manage stock movements between stores and plans to liquidate end of sale product.
- Work with and provide input to marketing teams to ensure implementation of marketing guidelines to drive awareness on sport merchandise.
- Ensure that VM is consistent in all stores and according to the brands’ guidelines. Implement planned shop merchandising, layout and customer traffic flow, to maximise sales, customer satisfaction, appearance, image and ergonomics for customers. Ensure upkeep and optimal condition of all fixtures and fabric of shop premises and ensure all equipment is in working order.
- Identify areas for concept improvement (new fixture and VM fixture, change of lay-out, introduction of a new assortment, new customer service standards or training programs, improved retail marketing and graphics support in the store) and secure support to execute throughout the organisation.
- Lead and develop a consumer-focused organization by recruiting, managing, training (selling and customer care) and motivating all team members, whilst respecting company policies and employment laws.
- Keep up to date with all the latest sports trends as well as sport trend predictions.
- Lead the Store Opening/Refit Process & ensure all support is being given to open the store on time.
- Seek and inform about competitor activity, pricing and tactics, and share this to relevant stakeholders and departments in the Company.
- Hold regular team briefings/update meetings.
- Manage health and safety, security, and emergency systems, staff and customer awareness, according to company health and safety guidelines and measures and relevant law.
- Responsible to ensure compliance with all processes, operating procedures, standards and guidelines for central services (Sales, Merchandising, Purchasing, Marketing, Human Resources, etc).
- Acquire best results in stock loss by monitoring, tracking and implementing all loss prevention activities.
Hudson Holdings Ltd:
Hudson Holdings offers highly engaging and supportive work environments in a culture that values recognises and rewards quality performance. At Hudson, we have an authentic passion for our brands and we are always looking for motivated talents who will live and breathe fashion and sport like us. If you share our enthusiasm, then consider the great opportunities we can offer you.
- A graduate and/or Masters in in related fields.
- Over 5 years’ experience sports retail & brand management.
- Proven track record in delivery of results and achievement of targets.
- Current involvement in sports activity considered an asset.
- Well-developed coordination and leadership skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to motivate and inspire others, able to deal with suppliers, partners and employees.
- Fluent in the English language, both verbal and written communication.