STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Shift Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis. The role will be on a 4-shift pattern from 08:00 to 20:00 / 20:00 to 08:00.
The selected candidate shall supervise, lead and integrate the Shopfloor Supervisor Teams covering various production areas and maintain strong communication to the Collaborative Control Room. The Manufacturing Shift Manager
is to execute the daily/shift plan from the Line Controller, while being responsible for H&S and personnel (discipline, training, and certification), Quality, 5S, and Gemba Walks. The aim of the role is to ensure production targets are met, by collaborating will all teams and fulfilling the actions required in the least amount of time possible. The Manufacturing Shift Manager
shall support the Production Management by being the main point of reference during a given shift and taking the necessary decisions when required while maintaining and improving the production efficiency.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Being the reference person in the shift, leading and coordinating all the shift supervisors covering various production areas;
- Ensuring adherence to Rules and Procedures through Gemba & H&S Walks;
- Drawing up action plans and following up in case of deviations;
- Heading the Manufacturing Cells Teams for each shift;
- Communicating and Coordinating with the Control Room to execute the daily plan;
- Monitoring shift/operator performance, delivering Shift Briefings and OPLs (One Point Lessons) as required;
- Monitoring material consumption and highlighting issues in real-time;
- Participating in the daily Production Meeting, escalating any issues as necessary.
The ideal candidate shall:
- Possess a Degree in Management or Engineering (MQF Level 6 qualification) or 5 years experience in a similar role;
- Be computer literate and possess good knowledge of production and preventive maintenance company software and O365 Applications;
- Have proven ability of leadership skills and be disciplined;
- Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Be a good team player and flexible to adapt to different situations;
- Be able to take decisions following continuous inputs;
- Be mature, smart, and goal-oriented.
*Applicants should send in strictest confidence a detailed CV & Certification. Please include the reference number in the subject line of email Ref 12826.
STMicroelectronics (Malta) Ltd:
ST is a global semiconductor leader delivering intelligent and energy-efficient products and solutions that power the electronics at the heart of everyday life. ST’s products are found everywhere today, and together with our customers, we are enabling smarter driving and smarter factories, cities and homes, along with the next generation of mobile and Internet of Things devices. By getting more from technology to get more from life, ST stands for life.augmented. The Company has served more than 100,000 customers worldwide.