Victim Support Malta is looking to recruit a Head of Service to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Head of Victim Support’s Service is responsible for a myriad of responsibilities including the service, care, and case management of all clients. This is a vast service that provides free therapeutic, and psychiatric, and legal support. The core responsibility of this role is to ensure that the service is provided flawlessly by a team of invested, knowledgeable, and dedicated contractees and partners under the coordination and tutelage of the Head. This Head is tasked with continually developing the service both in its operations, policies, service provision, and sources of funding.
Terms and Conditions:
The appointee is required to undergo an induction phase and other relevant training which may be deemed necessary. The post is on a full-time basis and is subject to a probationary period. The contract is on a definite basis. The Head of CVSA Service may be required to work flexible hours including evenings if necessary.
- Receive all client referrals and conduct intake appointments in a timely manner. Assess new clients and refer to service providers accordingly
- Ensure that clients receive timely information about VSM services or other agencies/entities. Liaise with other VSM and external services as necessary
- Overall case management of all clients accessing the service, including crisis services, counselling and psychotherapeutic services, and legal services
- Manage a team of therapists/counsellors, crisis workers & lawyers (service providers) to ensure holistic service provision. Liaise with service providers at all times
- Participate in the recruit/contract all members of the CVSA team
- Create and circulate a roster for crisis workers each month
- Develop care plans for clients in conjunction with service providers
- Ensure care plan is being adequately carried out, and that it is revised as required
- Ensure that clients can be accompanied to all legal and court appointments if necessary
- Be available to testify in court if / when necessary
- Handling or resolving client complaints
- Ensure adherence to all laws, policies and procedures and draft Services’s SOPs
- Monitor service providers in the adherence to laws, policies and procedures
- Manage service providers and keep close contact with them at all times
- Keep client files regularly updated and in compliance with data protection legislation
- Develop and deliver regular training to staff and volunteers
- Ensure therapists are accessing regular supervision with VSM supervisors
- Participate in any special projects/programmes as requested
- Assist the Director in the day to day administration of the organisation
- Attend and actively participate in any relevant and necessary board, management, supervisory, client meetings when necessary and/or requested
- Establish the appropriate environment for the all-round functioning of the VSM offices
- Promote a professional environment, awareness of, and respect to, the clients’ rights and an ethos of courtesy and confidentiality at all times
- Advise the Director of VSM in the maintenance of the premises
- Attend to all correspondence to and from the VSM CVSA service
- Have weekly meetings with the Director to discuss service development
- Manage the budget for the CVSA service
- Create, promote, and attend fundraising initiatives for CVSA services
- Be abreast of funding opportunities and draw up proposals for potential funding for VSM Monitor services and expenses incurred to ensure that service remains within budget
- Promote service to generate more awareness and possible funding
- Collaborate with the Projects Manager on any Projects requiring the input of CVSA service
- Identify CPD opportunities for the team to develop their skills in relation to the service
- Cost, fund, budget, record and plan training
- Keep all records and filing systems of VSM’s affairs in a neat, well-organised and orderly
- Develop and action a service evaluation to gauge client satisfaction.
- Possess a Master’s Degree in Psychology, Counselling, Therapy or other comparable qualification and a relevant warrant;
- A clean driving licence.
- Frontline experience in working in a social field is considered an asset.
- Committed to Victim Support Malta’s vision;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Resourceful and able to perform under pressure;
- A victim-centred approach to working with victims of abuse; -
- Solid organisational and analytical skills;
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines;
- Assertive and empathetic. A good listener with a non-defensive approach;
- Willing to take responsibility and be accountable
*The Job Description will be reviewed on a regular basis and may be amended by the Director to reflect the needs of the service. This Job Description should be read in conjunction with the contract of service.
Victim Support Malta:
Victim Support Malta (VSM) is a registered Non-Governmental Organisation that provides support and assistance to victims of crime, such as theft, burglary, cybercrime, domestic violence, sexual assault, harassment, physical assault and hate crime. The services provided by VSM include the provision of emotional support to assist victims in overcoming trauma following a crime; information and support pertaining to the relative criminal procedures (e.g. the victims’ right to request compensation and to access forms of protection provided by the law); and practical assistance (e.g. liaison with the police, or other ancillary matters). The VSM Team, our team consists of a small group of dedicated people. We work together to provide the best possible services to our clients. Most of our interns (therapists, legal, research, and other) and emotional support volunteers are students on placement or professionals who want to give back. All our Staff and Interns receive specialised training and supervision and are offered several opportunities for personal development.