Hugo's Group in Malta is looking to recruit a Group Food and Beverage Manager
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Group Food and Beverage Manager
will be responsible for managing all Food and Beverage operations and for delivering an excellent guest experience. The ideal candidate must be able to forecast, plan and manage all Food and Beverage orders, staff and finance. The Group Food and Beverage Manager
is responsible to assist the senior management in all aspects of the department including but not limited to operations, planning as well as budgeting in accordance with the company’s policies and procedures.
Qualifications & Assets:
- Able to implement and enforce financial controls throughout the department, helping with control of operating expenses, scheduling, and purchasing;
- Act as a duty manager, when needed, dealing with complaints, problem-solving, disturbances, special requests, and any other issues that may arise;
- Be aware and able to enforce all fire-life-safety procedures;
- Comply with all health and safety regulations;
- Direct and oversee all Food and Beverage Operations to ensure guest satisfaction and safety;
- Identify customers’ needs and respond proactively to all their concerns;
- Maintain a professional and high-quality service-oriented environment at all times;
- Manage and monitor activities of all employees in the Food and Beverage Department making sure they adhere to the company’s standards;
- Monitor and develop team member performance including, but not limited to, providing supervision, scheduling, assigning work, and conducting training as necessary;
- Oversee preparation of daily summary reports;
- Plan, forecast, and execute food and beverage orders;
- Provide two-way communication and nurture an ownership environment with emphasis on motivation and teamwork;
- Resolve any customer complaints as needed;
- Report any suspicious persons, activities, and/or hazardous conditions;
- Work closely with all departments to improve guest services and foster cross-departmental communication.
The Hugo’s Group is the brainchild of the late Hugo Chetcuti, whose business empire now dominates Malta’s main entertainment hub. The company thrives on effectiveness and efficiency, backed by a dynamic team of industry professionals. World Class standards and the warmth of Mediterranean hospitality perfected over three decades have inspired the brand to a clear path of profitability. Although Hugo initially ventured into the industry in the late ’80s with the opening of Footloose, The Hugo’s Group and the trademark was officially launched in 2005 with the subsequent opening of Hugo’s Lounge. This brand-new concept in Pan-Asian cuisine is not only renowned for its Eastern gastronomic experience, but also for its exquisite cocktails and immersive music. Hugely popular night clubs such as Hugo’s Passion and Shadow Lounge (now known as Shadow Club) soon became an institution among the local clubbing scene and have been followed up by Hugo’s Terrace & Rooftop (the brands flagship), Bacco by Hugo’s, Hugo’s Pub, Hugo’s Burger Bar, Hugo’s Pizza & Pasta, HSixty6, Mila’s Kitchen, Rocco’s Whiskey Lounge, Infinity by Hugo’s, as well as Hugo’s Boutique Hotel and H Hotel. Paceville now stands alone as Malta’s main business and entertainment hub and quite rightly, Hugo Chetcuti’s foresight and ingenuity has played an integral part in its popularity and success. His son Luke has now taken over the reins and as company chairman, heads the business with an added zest of youth and vitality which was much needed after the loss of his father.
- At least 5 years experience working in a similar position;
- Ability to integrate and work well in a team environment;
- Able to prioritize multiple tasks effectively and flexible with work schedule to accommodate last-minute requests;
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Outlook, Word, and Excel;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills;
- Good telephone persona with a friendly and helpful demeanour;
- Possess an eye for detail and the ability to work under pressure;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment;
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS system).