FHRD in Malta is looking to recruit a Chief Operations Officer
to join their team on a full-time basis.
The Foundation for Human Resources Development was set up to promote human capital management and development practices as well as the development of the HR profession in Malta. FHRD works in partnership with its corporate members from private and public sector organizations, HR practitioners and service providers, and other key local players in the field of HRM and HRD. The organization is now looking for a Chief Operations Officer (COO)
with excellent leadership skills to join the team.
will work closely with FHRD’s board and senior management on both the short and long-term strategy of the organisation. S/he will run the day-to-day work of FHRD and co-ordination of events, training activities, and projects which are embarked on from time to time. The COO
will also have direct involvement in the marketing and sales function of FHRD.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Sets and drives the organizational vision and operational strategy;
- Secures the functionality of the Operations to drive sustainable growth;
- Translates FHRD’s strategy into actionable goals for performance helping to implement organization-wide goal setting;
- Leads a small team to encourage maximum performance and dedication;
- Be responsible for the business development function of the organization;
- Formulates effective new ideas and innovative strategies for marketing, branding, or business opportunities;
- Maintains and builds trusted relationships with FHRD’s key customers, clients, partners, and stakeholders;
- Leads a number of yearly projects and events.
FHRD was set up in 1990 to spearhead the evolution of people management and development practices as well as the human resources profession in Malta. The Foundation is an autonomous, private, independent body. FHRD works in partnership with its corporate members, the professional conglomerate of HR practitioners and service providers, leaders of the industry, and other key local players in the field of human resources management and development. Throughout the year, FHRD offers its own set of professional accredited training programs and organizes a number of events related to the world of HR. The Foundation also offers a set of academic programs in the field of management and psychology in partnership with the University of Leicester and in creative industries with the University of Falmouth.
- A Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Business Administration, HR, or Marketing;
- Minimum of 5+ years working experience in administration, project management, operations, etc;
- Leadership skills, with steadfast resolve and personal integrity;
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development;
- Ready to work with a small team, within a small organisation;
- Be able to diagnose problems quickly and have foresight into the potential issue;
- Planning and organisational skills;
- A can-do attitude in taking the necessary decisions.